slipping I am slipping

Options
:mad: I know it is happening but I am having trouble catching myself. I am falling off the weight loss wagon. I have been doing this for almost a month. I am bored and tired of everything and everyone. Ughhh someone throw me a line. What helps you get back in the swing?

Replies

• RAENLUKE
    RAENLUKE Posts: 17
    Options
    :mad: I know it is happening but I am having trouble catching myself. I am falling off the weight loss wagon. I have been doing this for almost a month. I am bored and tired of everything and everyone. Ughhh someone throw me a line. What helps you get back in the swing?
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    You should join the Over 200 Club we have challenges every week .Its over in support and motivation and you can also add me as a friend.anytime you need some motivation send me a message and I will be there.:flowerforyou:
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    It's so easy to have this happen. I find this helpful:

Write down all of the advantages of losing weight. These are personal to you...i.e. not being so critical, being happier when you look in the mirror...etc.

Read this list multiple times a day and remind yourself why you are doing this to begin with. It's so easy to fall off and just want to throw the towel in, but try to remember how motivated and positive you were when you first started! And look, you've already lost 9 lbs!! Think how much better you feel now, without those 9 lbs following you everywhere, and how happy you'll be when you kick another 9 to the curb!

Stick with it, it's hard, but you are strong. Even realizing that you are falling off the wagon shows you are still determined...so keep going! You are doing great so far :flowerforyou:

Also, try doing something new that other people are talking about on here. I just signed up for the 100 push ups training schedule. I can do 0 push ups right now, but I can't wait to get started and see where I end up in 6 weeks. It's something to feel motivated about and look forward to. So find a challenge somewhere and join!
  • reneehawk71
    Options
    Hi...Ok so I just joined yesterday...so I can't say exactly how you stay on course...but I'm a very lazy person and the messages I've been receiving and reading have inspired me to give it a try! I measured myself today...and about lost it! I had NO idea just how huge I am! I hate working out...HATE IT! But, I have been working out for 2 months now and what helps me is to listen to my favorite tunes and zone out. Also, I joined a local gym along with a couple friends and we meet every weekend to work out, then go to panera's afterwards to refuel. Maybe working out with friends, listening to music while working out...and reviewing just why you want to lose weight will help! Don't give up my friend! We all need you here! :flowerforyou:
    182038.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Over 200 Club week 5 (open group)
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Well I have been there done that. I have a friend who motivates me. We checkin everyday after we complete our workouts. If she does hers and I don't then I feel like crap so I always make sure to do mine. It takes a little while to make something a habbit. I would say set small goals because they are easier to attain. Take it one day at a time and if you mess up one day, which I often do, just remember tomarrow is another day. You don't have to quit because of one day of discouragment!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You have already lost 9lbs which is GREAT!! Keep it up!! You are obviously doing something right, so keep going!!!!
    I just keep telling myself, summer is literally right around the corner and I REFUSE to feel and look like crap. Also, I will be seeing a bunch of people from high school I haven't seen in 16 years and I want to look good. You need to find something to motivate you....even if its as silly as that.:tongue:
    It does get boring after a while. Same food, same exersice routine. Try and change it up a bit. Im not sure what you are doing now for exercise but maybe buy a jumprope, or take a different class.
    I just started jogging on the treadmill......I AM TERRIBLE....BUT......its something different and I figured Id give it a try.

You have come this far........KEEP GOING!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! YOU KNOW YOU CAN!!!:flowerforyou:
  • LilWaterBug
    LilWaterBug Posts: 213
    Options
    I agree with the previous posters. Find a group and start posting for continued motivation. But more importantly, you mentioned being "bored". Are you bored with food? What are you eating? If you are eating plain grilled chicken breast and salad every day you are definitely going to get bored and will fall off the wagon. I am continually reinventing recipes and searching for new ones. For example, we still eat pizza but we gave up all the fatty meat toppings and now eat Ham, Pineapple and added Tomato slices. That's just ONE example of all the little changes I've made. This is not a *quick fix* for me. This is what I plan on doing for the rest of my life so I have to learn to find foods that will sustain me for a lifetime. I make it a point, Every Single Week, to purchase at least 2 new items and try at the very least, 1 new recipe. Today it was a new fruit, Sharon fruit, and Rappini (which I have since discovered is Brocolli Rabe :tongue: ) I am constantly trying and finding new things that I like and it's keeping me interested. I've been Back On The Wagon since February 11th and haven't fallen off yet. I came close to getting fast food twice but worked my way through it and felt good about the accomplishment. My progress is slow, but it's SURE. You CAN do it!! Keep trying different techniques and find what works for you! :flowerforyou:
  • zippitydo
    zippitydo Posts: 62
    Options
    Just look again at what your inspiration is!! Your son!! Nothing is more worth it than losing weight to spend more of your life and quality life with your child!!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i tell myself that more success is just around the corner. if i keep working at it, the numbers will move. but if i stop, then i may even undo what i've accomplished.
    just knowing i am that much closer makes me keep going forward.

if it's exercise that's boring--take a break from it and just focus on your food and water--trying out new recipes and foods, like lilwaterbug suggests.
    or get some videos from the library. that shakes things up and you don't even have to leave home.

you've achieved so much--stick with it! :flowerforyou:
  • RAENLUKE
    RAENLUKE Posts: 17
    Options
    :smile: you guys are awesome. I had a tough weekend. I am just going to start fresh and new. I actually gained 3 lbs back so....that is it no more. Thank you so much for the support. I think I am going to hit up the over 200 club. :laugh:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    good for you! and bust off those 3 lbs!!! :flowerforyou: