trying something new..

Options
Well, I have counted calories, watched portion size, protein fat carb counts, P90X meal plan and still not a single thing but weight gain and clothes not fitting anymore. I am trying weight watchers. I have lost 35 pounds in the past with it. Let's try again. I get so frustrated because everyone else seems to loose and I don't understand after 1 year why I can't loose an inch nor a pound. I just want to give up.:ohwell: BUT I will not allow myself to!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    Thanks for telling us.
  • divainme
    divainme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel.... I've spent lots of time and money on programs that don't work. I exercise and don't loose anything, probably because I get so hungry I eat all the calories back and then some. I like this program because it lets me know when I've eaten enough and when I still have enough room to eat more.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    never give up.. Maybe you need to shock your body or cleanse it.. Maybe try a week or two of a vegan veggie and fruit diet.. Guarantee you will lose weight with that...
  • tassyRivera
    Options
    well I hope it works for you.. from experience I think you should try walking alot,cleaning around the house or the room. I for one think Motivation is key for losing weight so keep a positive attitude and focus on your goal. I hope you reach your goal.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    What kinds of food are you eating? That makes a huge difference. Are you taking any meds? Try looking a bit deeper in to it and you may find what is keeping you from losing weight.
  • GrammyM
    GrammyM Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Have you had your blood glucose checked? I absolutely cannot lose no matter what I do when mine is elevated. Also, are you sure of what your calories in and out are? Weigh, measure, journal food and make sure that your exercise calories are accurate. I would suggest Abs Diet for Woman for nutrition and muscle building exercises that will help increase your metabolism. Good luck.
  • Oreo21759
    Oreo21759 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    THanks for all your support so quickly! You know when a girl is at her lowest! :) I feel like you have given me some many new things to think about that has never been mentioned before. Glucose...I battle being low....how does that affect weight loss? Abs DIet?? I need to google? And finally Dr. Oz says detoxs get rid of just water weight? Other thoughts about a detox?
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    You should make your food diary public so we can look at what you are eating and give you some advice. Are you exercising? How long? Cardio? Weights? It's a total program, dieting alone won't get you where you want to be. Are you eating all your calories? weighing everything? There's so many elements to success but I can't tell what you are doing. Just wanting to help.
  • Oreo21759
    Oreo21759 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just made my diary public. I haven't tracked on here for awhile because I was trying to figure out what my next steps in my journey were going to be. Please take a look. Any insights that might be helpful are encouraged. I do excerise with weights 2/week and cardio 3/week. I have really been trying to get more protien in my diet and less carbs lately.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Well, you need to start weighing your food and putting in everything you eat on your diary. If you want results you need to do this faithfully. It's just like weight watchers, you have to account for all your foods with the points, right? Well, you have to do it here too, no difference. Then you have to eat your minimum at least, 1210 a day, no fail. Break your meals up so you eat every 3-4 hours, and get your metabolism burning. You might want to eat 1300 calories for a while to get things moving. Don't be surprised if the scale doesn't move right away, but it will. And if you're exercising as you say, you will lose weight.

God's little joke on us all is that we have to eat to lose weight.