Dinner Ideas (vegetarians)

Options
jenna25
jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
I need some yummy vegetarian dinner recipe ideas :)

Replies

• Cherielady
    Options
    I always go to www.vegweb.com ! Today I made this: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=31576.0
  • elz22
    elz22 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    would help to know what type of vegetarian you are
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    The link on my signature has some vegan/vegetarian food ideas.
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    sorry i shouldve mentioned that, lacto-ovo (no meat or seafood, but i do eat dairy and eggs)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com :D
  • jadebvb92
    Options
    bump
  • shtaylor
    Options
    I made a wonderful Lasagna using zuccini and yellow squash instead of noodles, sliced length wise and sauted just a little to make them a bit limp. Alternate veggies one layer going one way and the other layer opposite, with your choice of sauce and cheeses in between.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the sites! I have been trying to be vegetarian ... and it's worked for a month anyway ... I don't eat meat but I will eat cheese, eggs, etc. Not sure about seafood yet though, hah. It has only been a month, so I will see how things go!
  • Kellley
    Options
    CHICKEN AND STEAK!
  • busterrocks
    busterrocks Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    For dinner tonight I had a "mexican pizza" with refried beans, cheese, salsa, and avocado on a flour tortilla. I often have rice bowls with rice, beans, veggies, etc (like Chipotle but made at home). Stir fry.

Those are my go-to fast dinners.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Stir Fry is always a fallback for me. I live for it! Lol
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Trumpet mushroom stems cut into large scallop sized chunks, then pan seared and served over braised greens (kale, bok choy, spinach, collards, whatever you like). I usually pair it with either a wild rice mix or sesame risotto with a little grated cheese. If you like eggs, a poached egg is very nice as well.

Acorn squash cut in half and seeded, baked cut side down. Scoop a thin layer of cooked squash and mix wit quinoa, nuts, seeds, and currants or raisins. Stuff mixture back in squash 'bowl', top with cheese and breadcrumbs, and brown the top.

Eggplant cut into 1/2" rings, salted and pressed for 15 minutes. Dip in eggwash, batter with panko, and pan fry. Serve with a slice of tomato, braised greens or bitter greens raw, and cooked quinoa or wild rice mix.

I usually sprinkle sesame, flax, or sunflower seeds on at least one dish per meal. It's an easy way to add some vitamins in.

The New Farm Cookbook is an awesome resource for basics.
  • MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    BBC Good Food site has some great veggie and vegan recipes. Also take a look at fatfreevegan.com - you don't have to be vegan to enjoy delicious vegan food!
    This week I've had a spicy lentil stew from the BBC site, stir fry with mock duck and noodles, and tonight I'm making pumpkin risotto. Tomorrow night will be vegetable and barley soup with hummous and crackers. I've nothing planned yet for Friday...
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    See if you can find the cookbook "Appetite for Reduction" at the library. I ADORE this book - tasty low fat vegan recipes. Meals are generally between 250 and 400 calories. We don't miss the meat or the fat.