KettleBell calories burned

Does anyone know a similar exercise that might be listed on here that would help me figure out how many calories burned during a one hour kettlebell class? I have searched other websites but they say it ranges anywhere from 400-1100. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Replies

• joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Kettlebells really do range all over the map. Depending on the exercises you do, the intensity, and the weight, it can be just about anything. Your best bet is to wear a HRM. Second best is to measure perceived effort, or to find an equivalent exercise to the routine you're doing.
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    I love the kettlebell. It makes me sweat. The other answer about the HRM is best.
  • getyupcowgirl
    getyupcowgirl Posts: 70 Member
    Today I did the Bob Harper Kettlebell workout. It was 54 minutes and my HRM said I burned 489 calories.
  • Rklane
    Rklane Posts: 42 Member
    I do a kettlebell bootcamp 3-4 days a week. On average I burn about 300-400 for a 45 session with normally an 18 or 26 lb kettlebell. When we do more strength training, like deadlifts and press, it drops to the 200 range. I have gotten as high as 600 on a Saturday session really busting it. Like someone else said, the HRM is the way to go.