I'm a rookie

Options
So I have found myself in the rutt of habitual weight gain. I'm frankly tired of feeling this way and looking this way. My past endeavors have been unsuccessful but I would starve myself and not pay attention to calories in or out. I'm hoping that by keeping track with myfitnesspal and a little support that I will have positive results that last. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I will be more than happy to support and encourage you on your journey. Feel free to add me!
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I joined a few days ago, I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. Feel free to add me, if you'd like. ENJOY!!!!
  • Beberni
    Beberni Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm a rookie too. Feel free to add me. We are all in the same boat here. Everyone is friendly and willing to give you a boost when u need it.
  • VinniF
    VinniF Posts: 51
    Options
    one rookie to another: you've made a good start. trying something new and actually paying attention to what you eat, tracking calories, and working toward a goal. I hope it works for both of us!!! I am a total newbie - day 2 but feeling good about doing this!!!
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This has been good for me. I used to try to diet, but would feel SO hungry I would give up after just a few days. Logging has been so awesome for me. I make better choices during the day and am usually able to eat a pretty good desert at night. It has helped me stop mindless eating too.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    In terms or eating and dieting, I'm a veteran. this is the best place I've ever been and the most success I've ever had that I really know I'll keep long term. Good luck to you. You can do it.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome welcome! Sending good vibes to you! You're in awesome hands. ^_^
  • dknowsbest
    dknowsbest Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    welcome! i'm a rookie too. this is definitely an amazing support system from the people, to the interface, to the tools! as long as you take the time to track your food and exercise, meet a couple of people, and read a little bit from time to time you will definitely succeed! feel free to add me - i'm always looking to add to my circle of support.