Chicken Salad...

Options
Hello all:))

I was wondering if anyone knows a recipe for chicken salad...I get bored easily...lol. I want a new taste for lunch...Thanks!!:happy:

Replies

• JJAVON116
    JJAVON116 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hello all:))

I was wondering if anyone knows a recipe for chicken salad...I get bored easily...lol. I want a new taste for lunch...Thanks!!:happy:
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    I like to add celery , grapes and curry to my chicken salad! I use LF mayo.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    OH I was hoping this was a good recipe posted. I love it, but the kind I alter like my Tuna salad just doesn't taste as good.
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    I add a pinch of tarragon to mine and use only a teaspoon of real mayo - not the LF. This way I get the flavor of the real thing.
    I also used roasted chicken, not boiled - much more flavor.
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My husband made chicken salad about two weeks ago and it was fantastic. He used the canned chicken breast and mixed low fat mayo, dill pickle cubes and onion in it. He usually uses the sweet pickle cubes but grabbed the dill instead. It was so yummy and different.
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My husband made chicken salad about two weeks ago and it was fantastic. He used the canned chicken breast and mixed low fat mayo, dill pickle cubes and onion in it. He usually uses the sweet pickle cubes but grabbed the dill instead. It was so yummy and different.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I use grilled chicken, too, for added flavor.
    I add sliced almonds & chopped celery for crunch.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I like chicken salad. Basic recipe for me is chopped chicken with miracle whip. I use the full fat so I only add in enough to give it some flavor.
    Depending on how I feel I might add celery, chopped apples, walnuts.
    Cranberries or craisins, celery, toasted pecans.
    Chopped grapes, celery, cashews.
    Mandarin oranges, toasted almond slivers. ( This will get soggy quicker so it needs to be eaten right away.)
    Celery, tarragon, red onion, raisins.

I also like to vary my breads. Croissants, foccacia, pita pockets, whole grain. And I agree with skinnytime on the roasted chicken. I like that flavor best with chicken salad. Sometimes I'll just by one of those already roasted ones in the grocery or walmart. Our local grocery sell the day old cold ones cheaper so they really are a good deal for using in this and soups....
  • lanasgurl
    lanasgurl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use the skinless breast from a Rottissiere chicken, chopped with 2 Tbs of fat free light mayo, chopped walnuts and chappoed granny smith apples. When I use the fat free light mayo, which can be a little bland, I add about 2 tsp of lemon juice and approximately 1 tsp of splenda. I line half of a Joseph's Oat, Flax & Wheat Pita pocket with leaf lettuce and scoop in 1/2 cup of Chicken Salad....:tongue:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I use light Helmanns Mayo, celery, onion, boiled egg and for seasoning I add dill weed, it gives it a very different but very good taste.
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I had some at a restaurant recently that had crushed pineapple and almonds- very tasty.
    I make mine with walnuts and red grapes. Light mayo to taste and garlic salt for seasoning.
  • kitikat
    kitikat Posts: 15
    Options
    I made some for dinner last night for DH & I...I grilled 1 large chicken breast on the george foreman that was seasoned with mrs.dash. I diced 1/2 orange pepper, 1 green onion, 1 clove garlic, about 2 tbs olive oil mayo, about 3-5 red peppers (got them at the dollar tree) and half a bag of broccoli slaw. Diced up the chicken and mixed it all together. It was good for dinner but even better for lunch today. :tongue: