Deadline to consume exercise calories?

Options
Since this is all calculated over the course of a day, when should you really be eating those exercise calories. I mean, scientifically, is it better to eat more closer to the exercise event (either before or after) or does it not matter.

The main reason I ask is because I have late night soccer practices (either ending at 9 or 11) and by then I'm not really hungry to eat my 500-700 calories that I burn at practice. I try to stock up a little more during the day, but there's only so much I can eat. And I know protein powders are kinda the key there.

BUT IS IT BETTER TO CONSUME THOSE CALORIES NEAR THE EXERCISE OR DOES IT NOT MATTER?

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    If I know what I'm going to to workout wise that day and based on my average burn for that workout I will eat more throughout the day.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I think you have to work out what works for you - I sometimes eat more the night before a long run, sometimes afterwards.
    If you know you will be working hard that night, I think it would make sense to plan a bigger brekky and lunch so you are well fuelled up and have lots of energy. And perhaps plan something easy to snack on that you can have after training.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    just don't eat after midnight. we've seen what happens when Gremlins do that.
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    just don't eat after midnight. we've seen what happens when Gremlins do that.

Oh NO! That sounds terrifying