Is anybody trying to gain weight on here>?

Options
I am. I'm trying to gain ten pounds so that I won't be underweight anymore.
Any ideas on how I can gain this weight in a healthy way?

Replies

• PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    This is at least the third thread concerning weight gain that I've seen today alone. I would suggest doing a search.
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I would be more than willing to share some of mine if it were possible!!!!
  • dcfl2012
    Options
    SERIOUSLY? ? ? ARE YOU SERIOUS?! probably NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • EmiliaWhite
    Options
    Krystyn, I'm afraid I don't personally have advice for you on how to gain healthy weight (currently as I am trying to lose), however I will go ahead and apologize for the very unhelpful/rude post directly below yours. There are a ton of wonderful people on this site who I'm sure will be able to help advise and support you - I'm sorry that the first response you got was a less than shining example :ohwell:
  • Shajsum
    Shajsum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some protien shakes and upping your carbs..I know that is what one of my friends do to bulk up before wresting season..good luck!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Krystyn, I'm afraid I don't personally have advice for you on how to gain healthy weight (currently as I am trying to lose), however I will go ahead and apologize for the very unhelpful/rude post directly below yours. There are a ton of wonderful people on this site who I'm sure will be able to help advise and support you - I'm sorry that the first response you got was a less than shining example :ohwell:

I don't think the person who suggested doing a search was trying to rude, rather I think she was trying to be helpful. Doing a search is a good idea. That's what I do when I'm trying to find specific information on this site.
  • keenslk
    keenslk Posts: 126
    Options

AGREED! i would suggest maybe lots of healtrhy fats - nuts, butter instead of marg, full cream milk etc. then keep your carbs up ie rice, pasta and bread! Im not trying to gain either , but good luck to you! And I am also sorry about the rude responses to your post... best of luck to you on your journey to being healthier :D
  • EmiliaWhite
    Options

I don't think the person who suggested doing a search was trying to rude, rather I think she was trying to be helpful. Doing a search is a good idea. That's what I do when I'm trying to find specific information on this site.

After re-reading her post, I'm sure you're right. I just can relate to be new to MFP and feeling dumb for not knowing how to 'search it' after only having posted a handful of times.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    At the top of this page, click "Search" and put in "trying to gain weight." I just tried and there were a number of relevant posts.