HRM Recommendations

Options
OK The Body Bugg post got me started. I checked out the Polar F7 and F11 HRMs. Any other good ones out there. Do you have one that you really love? Can they be used by two different people and programmed for two users (not at the same time, of course:wink:

I think one of these will really stop all the calorie anxiety I've been experiencing.

Replies

• Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    OK The Body Bugg post got me started. I checked out the Polar F7 and F11 HRMs. Any other good ones out there. Do you have one that you really love? Can they be used by two different people and programmed for two users (not at the same time, of course:wink:

I think one of these will really stop all the calorie anxiety I've been experiencing.
  • TheGuardian
    TheGuardian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F6, it's great. My wife and I share it... it's a little annoying having to change the user settings every day but that's all it is, it takes 30-60 seconds once you get used to it.

We got the men's version and I'd like to say to everyone to just get the women's version since it's smaller... with this one I find it gets in the way sometimes trying to do some of the crazy pushups in P90X.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I have the polar F6 too and I love mine. :flowerforyou:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I have the polar F6 too and I love mine. :flowerforyou:

me too! :heart:
  • sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar 6 as well and love it.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Still waiting for my Polar ... went for the F4 because I exercise solo.
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    I just did more research. These all require a chest strap? Is it uncomfortable? Is it washable?
    I am thinking now about the ePulse strapless. Does anyone have one?
  • TheGuardian
    Options
    All the research I have done shows that the straps are WAY more accurate than without. You generally forget they are there, unless you have it too tight.

Honestly, the watch part is more annoying than the chest strap... so sometimes I take it off and just have it nearby (it has a 2m range or so).
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    All the research I have done shows that the straps are WAY more accurate than without. You generally forget they are there, unless you have it too tight.

Honestly, the watch part is more annoying than the chest strap... so sometimes I take it off and just have it nearby (it has a 2m range or so).

I have the polar f6 and wish i had bought it earlier. You do not feel the chest strap at all. The was the thing that concerned me also, besides the price, but once i put it on, i forget about it.

As said above the most annoying part is the watch getting in the way doing push ups, but i just loosen the strap and put it farther up on my arm.
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love my polar ft40, I had to get the mans b/c I have a big wrist, and the womans didn't fit me.
    The chest strap is no big deal, I thought it would bug me but it doesn't.

Karen
  • GearJammer
    GearJammer Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I use the F11 and love it.
  • muimuimui
    muimuimui Posts: 113
    Options
    Oo I have a question regarding HRM.
    Sorry to momentarily jack the thread, but I didn't think the question is worth creating a whole new topic.

Do you guys find it a good investment to buy a hrm? They're a bit expensive and in the end, you really only want them to tell you how many calories you're burning. If you consistently pushed yourself while exercising, would reading how many calories you burned really make a difference?
    Do you see any real large benefits to having a hrm?

I want to buy one, but I'm a little short on cash right now and wondering if it's worth it.
    (/threadjack. I'm sorry!)
  • TheGuardian
    Options
    It's definitely worth it.

For cardio you can make sure you stay "in the zone" and for exercising in general it gives you a clear idea of how many exercise calories to eat on here.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options
    I have the polar F6 and really like it too. I use it for calories burned plus to know how hard I am working and make sure I make adjustments as needed. I usally wear such tight sports bras to keep everything 'in place', the chest strap just blends in with all the other elastic around me!

I like it because the machines at the gym pick up the signal and I don't have to check the watch. However, sometimes it also transmitts to the machine on my right and I gave this poor old guy walking 2 MPH a scare when it said his heart rate was 162! :laugh: