1 year!

Options
So, one year ago today I went jeans-shopping. The biggest size the store carried was 24, and those barely fit. That was a turning point and I decided that day to change everything about my eating/exercise habits. As of today I've lost 111 lbs and a total of 65 inches. I really appreciate all the support and motivation I've gotten from the people on MFP! It's so great to talk with people who understand what you're going through, and how hard this is. People say "just lose weight" like you just snap your fingers and it falls off. I guess I just wanted to say thanks to all of you! This is such an awesome community! :)

Replies

• stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing. Inspirational!
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    'Slim' really does suit you, congratulations.
  • destinysativatank
    Options
    Wow reading this is truly inspiring to me. I just joined this site less than a month ago, have lost 9lbs, quit smoking and feel great, but there are days when I'm not motivated, and want to give up....but everyone on mfp is great, and reading things like this is what has kept me going. A huge congrats to you!!!!
  • steve81872
    steve81872 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When people say just loose weight like it is nothing I like to say just quit breathing like it is nothing.
  • martina123321
    Options
    Its amazing what you can achieve when you put your mind to it!!

Well done, I hope one day to get that far!! xx
  • Rubyjjones
    Options
    WOW!!! I just looked at your pictures and I am FLOORED! You look like a totally different person...I am so happy for you!
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    thanks for being such an inspiration!
  • lolainlondon
    lolainlondon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Wow - great job!!

Can you share what are maybe your top 3 or 5 things that you would share about your journey. Maybe words of wisdom, trick, favorites, etc?

And again, you look amazing!
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    That's awesome!!! ...and so inspirational!! Great job on all your hard work!! :)
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You're an inspiration to those of use a bit farther back on the path. Courage and success to you as you transition to maintenance soon. WTG!!!

Laura
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Wow your pictures are amazing! Congratulations and how wonderful you can see it (obviously) in your clothes. that shot of you holding your jeans is truly inspiring!

Thank you for sharing your story and being part of this amazing board.
  • Zoe2901
    Zoe2901 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well done you look great
  • alisonnicole84
    Options
    Wow - great job!!

Can you share what are maybe your top 3 or 5 things that you would share about your journey. Maybe words of wisdom, trick, favorites, etc?

1. You have to want to lose weight. It sounds dumb to say, I guess, but it's like anything. I need to quit smoking but don't want to, so I haven't.
    2. I focused my goals on 10-lb increments. Once I hit 279, I focused on 269, etc. 10 lbs is much easier to think about than 120.
    3. I cooked several days' worth of food at a time, then portioned it into tupperware so I had no excuses to overeat. Eating less was harder than eating healthy.
    4. Have a friend/family member keep you in line, so to speak. I had a good friend who had previously lost weight - I would text him whenever I craved nachos (my weakness) and he'd talk me off the ledge.
    5. Keep a diary of your measurements and weight (or log it on MFP, I guess lol). I've weighed and kept a health diary every day for a year. Whenever I get discouraged I read some of my entries and see how far I've come. It's great motivation!

So...those are kind of lame but it's all I can think of right now :)
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! This is huge motivation for me! I lalways give up because I don't see immediate results. Your post reminded me that it takes time, a lot of time to shed this weight.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    You look great! Conrats on your journey. Also - love the pic in the Iowa jersey! Go Hawkeyes!!!!! (Beat State)
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    very inspiring!! great work. I need to lose 100+ and have started to fall into a rut. So I turned to the message boards for threads like this one to keep me motivated. thanks! :smile:
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Wow - great job!!

1. You have to want to lose weight. It sounds dumb to say, I guess, but it's like anything. I need to quit smoking but don't want to, so I haven't.
    2. I focused my goals on 10-lb increments. Once I hit 279, I focused on 269, etc. 10 lbs is much easier to think about than 120.
    3. I cooked several days' worth of food at a time, then portioned it into tupperware so I had no excuses to overeat. Eating less was harder than eating healthy.
    4. Have a friend/family member keep you in line, so to speak. I had a good friend who had previously lost weight - I would text him whenever I craved nachos (my weakness) and he'd talk me off the ledge.
    5. Keep a diary of your measurements and weight (or log it on MFP, I guess lol). I've weighed and kept a health diary every day for a year. Whenever I get discouraged I read some of my entries and see how far I've come. It's great motivation!

So...those are kind of lame but it's all I can think of right now :)

Those are awesome and really very helpful!!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    THANKS so much for the inspiration! :D i want to lose 80-90 lbs so this is a great success story for me. brought tears to my eyes. awesome job!
  • lilsweetslol
    lilsweetslol Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It does bring tears to my eyes! After a whole year of hard work and dedication look at the amazing results you've shown us all! Your advice. Is greatly appreciated. You've inspired so many people, congratulations
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!