Any Spinning Fanatics out there??

Options
So I love spin classes!!! They are so challenging and much more entertaining than running on a treadmill. I was wondering who else loves it?? Do you take classes?? Have you ever done Les Mills RPM???? Just want to know who else shares this passion :) ironically I don't cycle outside. Although it is beautiful around my home cars scare the crap outta me. And I have heard of way to many cycle vs car incidents.

Replies

• Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I just did the Les Mills RPM tonight. :) The new release! It was fantastic, I love the high from spinning, I love running long distance too but I'm really enjoying spin at the moment, so I go 3 times per week, I <3 it.
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    I did it tooo haha how ironic :) I love it. I get so much energy and feel so happy. I am not really a runner tho. Any ideas on how I can ease into it?? PS i don't do treadmills they bore me to death.
  • Soni82
    Soni82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh i love spin class!! I go during my lunch breaks 2 days a week but if they had it every day at 12pm I'd totally do it!! I get sweatty, hot and exhausted... My first class killed me and i told myself i would never go again, 2 yrs later I am begging the gym to add more lunch classes!

I feel your passion :)
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    *LOVE*

I've been an instructor for about 8 years. I love cycling on the road too.
  • 1fiercebutterfly
    1fiercebutterfly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i actually just bought a spinning bike!!!!!!!!!! i am not able to to classes due to my work schedule, but i downloaded a spinning cd from itunes and i love it! i can easily follow the instructions and pedal to the beat. I sweat my butt off! i am officially obsessed with spinning.
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    So happy ya'll love it as much as I do!!! My gym is awesome and offers so many classes. I am able to take it every day!!!! Whoot whoot :)
    What is it like being an instructor?? I think I might want to become one.
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I did it tooo haha how ironic :) I love it. I get so much energy and feel so happy. I am not really a runner tho. Any ideas on how I can ease into it?? PS i don't do treadmills they bore me to death.

I too hate treadmills, but love them for pushing my speed limits for training at higher intensity, I recommend a fave trail somewhere that has a few hills and some scenery, running is my first love for this very reason, the peace, the freedom and the beauty the world provides me. Exhilarating when you don't feel like a rat on a wheel, lol.
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    Ok thanks a lot I will have to look around and see what trails I have around me that would be a good start. :)
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    So happy ya'll love it as much as I do!!! My gym is awesome and offers so many classes. I am able to take it every day!!!! Whoot whoot :)
    What is it like being an instructor?? I think I might want to become one.

It's like Jack FM (radio station): playing what we want. tee hee. Love it!

Also, you sure can't skip class when you're the teacher, huh?
  • Cornock
    Cornock Posts: 254
    Options
    Sooooooo addicted, hate it when I have to miss a class. It reminds me a little of when I was much younger and getting in the zone at a night club, but this is so much healthier! lol :laugh:
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm getting hooked..as I only go once a week as I have other classes..but am thinking of taking something out and adding another spin or two..hehe..love the burn!!
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I have thought about trying spinning but have heard it is really hard. I cycle on the road quite a bit (150-200 miles/week) but I suspect that spinning class is really difficult, in comparison? I have a turbo trainer at home and some spare bikes :p I should probably set one up on it as a permanent fixture, as I have only used the thing 3 times since I bought it last winter!
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Another RPMer here.

I love it too - the only group exercise I do and the only exercise I do more than once a week.
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    Hmmm, I have thought about trying spinning but have heard it is really hard. I cycle on the road quite a bit (150-200 miles/week) but I suspect that spinning class is really difficult, in comparison? I have a turbo trainer at home and some spare bikes :p I should probably set one up on it as a permanent fixture, as I have only used the thing 3 times since I bought it last winter!

I would defintitely try it out :) of you are used to a road bike you should be fine. Although it is challenging you can really take it at your own pace and work up to the instructors pace and resistance!!! Go for it :) worth a try :)
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I would defintitely try it out :) of you are used to a road bike you should be fine. Although it is challenging you can really take it at your own pace and work up to the instructors pace and resistance!!! Go for it :) worth a try :)

Thx - I will setup one of my 'spare' bikes on the turbo sometime in the next cpl of days. Maybe if I can build up to decent cadence over a longish period I might give spin classes a go. I was lucky enough to try track cycling at Herne Hill Velodrome a few weeks back and that was fun, if a little tiring!
  • tschmelzer
    Options

Thx - I will setup one of my 'spare' bikes on the turbo sometime in the next cpl of days. Maybe if I can build up to decent cadence over a longish period I might give spin classes a go. I was lucky enough to try track cycling at Herne Hill Velodrome a few weeks back and that was fun, if a little tiring!

Go for it :) they are so fun!!!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    i love love love spinning...its my main form of cardio, usually i spin 5-6 days a week....i also am crazy scared of cycling on the roads....i have great respect for those that do, riding on the roads is tough....i used to jogged but as i have aged(knee and hip issued have arised)spinning is great, what a cardio, the sweating and my heart rate is fantastic....i recommended it lots....enjoy:flowerforyou:
  • bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love spinning! I always break a great sweat & look forward to a great challenge. My legs are more toned & am loosing inches around the mid section. How many calories do you think we burn in an hour of spinning? I try to take it at least 4 days out of the week & so far this is my 3 week & I have seen results!!
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    I love spinning! I always break a great sweat & look forward to a great challenge. My legs are more toned & am loosing inches around the mid section. How many calories do you think we burn in an hour of spinning? I try to take it at least 4 days out of the week & so far this is my 3 week & I have seen results!!

Well if you are really pushing yourself and ride hard for the entire hour I would say 500. I need to get a heart rate monitor to make sure but my teacher says that he burns about 650 when I take his class. So in the short we are burning a lot!!!