Here we go again!

Options
Hello everyone!
I'm new the site and it's taking everything in me to keep up with this diet thing. I've lost 70 lbs before (3 years ago) but it seemed so much more easier when I wasn't married with Kids. Now that I'm taking care of more than just me these 70 lbs seem like that will never come off!

Help!

Replies

• hannahjane91
    Options
    I know the feeling!
    but you just have to find a way to get motivated.
    Counting your calories really helps and just say no to sweet and chocolates.
    try to eat plenty of vegetables and before every meal have a glass of water- it really helps suppress your appetite.
    the weight WILL come off, you just need to be disciplined.
    good luck!
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new to MFP as well. Here's my 2 cents/motivational speech:
    Patience and persistence are key! If you strive for a modest 1 pound per week weight loss then it will take you about a year to take it off. I bet you a year from now you will be so happy to be 70 pounds lighter. You'll be able to keep up with the kids better too :) All it takes is adding some incedental excercise (Taking the stairs instead if the elevator, walking to the park with your kids...) and recording EVERYTHING you eat. Once you start holding yourself accountable for you calorie intake, it becomes so much easier to say "no thanks" to sugary soda.
    You did it before and you can do it again! Let your husband and kids THE REASON to take charge of your health so you can enjoy them for many years to come.
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Your here and thats a great start! I wish you get as much from the site has i have! Logging daily has been eye opener and community here is great support and inspiration. Good luck and i offer you any support i can give!

3697427.png
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to tell you my trick for keeping my calories down - eating about 100 grams of lean protein per day: plain fat free Greek yogurt with honey or with half a cup or less of granola, lemon chicken salad, peanut butter, 2 chicken burgers with no bread, cottage cheese with pineapple... get a creative as you want! When your diet is 20-30% protein it's hard to eat very much else because it's so filling and moves so slowly through you digestive system. Also, You burn more calories because it takes your body more work just to digest it. You will need to add more fiber as well or the protein will never come out LOL