SO MAD GRRRR (Pointless Rant)

Options
(WARNING EDIT: Long post, dont have to read or respond if you don't feel like reading :) But imagine how it feels to not only have to read it but live it!! LOL

Ever have to deal with a department where it seems like everyone takes 20 seconds to formulate an answer, gives you half the information you need, with 1/3 of that being incorrect, and stares at you blankly when you tell them that you have a problem with the situation????

I'm not straight up rude, but my financial aid office at my college has asked me for literally almost 20 things for verification (I asked one of their people at a different campus if I could provide everything else, and she said I provided all they could possibly ask for!!) ...

When they ask for them, its usually a week or two apart, and they say wait ANOTHER 4-6 weeks. THey don't tell you that they will ask for it. For example I have been going to this college for a year and then this semseter finaid wants my high school diploma. I said that enrollment should have that, and I have also done all assessment testing. THeir response? "we don't share info between departments" Insert ---> blank stare from employee.

Eventually after numerous incidents, a classmate suggests I go to the other campus because he has had success with those people, getting things done! SO I do and things start happening in two days, where as the other campus was two months!

I think wonderful, great big sigh of relief. I really need this aid (Most of it is a school loan though). Then, even though my bill for the last 3 months has totalled $1711, suddenly ESL TUITION of 3 GRAND shows up on my college account. No longer do I have a refund but I OWE 500 bucks. Now I have to drive over there tomorrow in the snow to ask them to take it off and ask why the heck that got posted on there. ****(FYI, this is how I FEEL, not how I will talk to them)******

ANd it will probably set me back yet another week.

END RANT :(:(:(

Replies

• Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    By the way I am not a native spanish speaker, have taken no spanish or "english for spanish speakers classes".

Which means that somehow this appeared on my account, after my refund began to be processed. I would have probably seen my aid this or next week. now that I am being charged spanish tution ON TOP of my regular tution, who knows when I will see anything.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Does this put your problem into perspective?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/377493-he-left
  • CarolJo59
    Options
    Schools are very frustrating. I applied for work study from my school, they sent me multiple copies of the exact same thing. I'd fill it out, send it in, a week later get another one. Now I'm on a waiting list. If that's a class you aren't taking, not registered for, or ever plan to take, they should take that off and reimburse you. But of course, they'd probably try to get out of it. Good luck!
    BTW: Contrarian-that is a good point. But this can be a very frustrating situation as well, on a different level.
  • Romans624
    Options

I appreciate that that is a huge deal- and she posted at the same time as me. I do not compare my situation with that because it is not comparable at all. I should feel very happy that that is not happening to me right now.

However I don't think that someone else going through pain and trauma invalidates my stress. Maybe it does put it in perspective somewhat.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Hope you can get that settled okay. :flowerforyou:
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options

First I want to say that I am very sorry for your situation. I can't imagine how I would feel or how I would get myself through something like that.

Having said that, I see no reason for you to take this girl's light hearted rant and throw it in her face like that. I see it as quite uncalled for. She herself said it was pointless and just wanted to vent. Just because you situation is worse, doesn't mean that her situation isn't frustrating for her. She wasn't saying her problem is worse than world hunger, she seem's to simply be saying that she is miffed. (And having gone through college myself and graduating with a BS, I understand and agree that Financial Aid can be very frustrating.)
  • Romans624
    Options
    Schools are very frustrating. I applied for work study from my school, they sent me multiple copies of the exact same thing. I'd fill it out, send it in, a week later get another one. Now I'm on a waiting list. If that's a class you aren't taking, not registered for, or ever plan to take, they should take that off and reimburse you. But of course, they'd probably try to get out of it. Good luck!
    BTW: Contrarian-that is a good point. But this can be a very frustrating situation as well, on a different level.

Well I never ever registered for anything remotely like that. It came out of thin air. When I look at "add drop classes" Nothing that has anything to do with ESL is there. A $3000 charge shouldn't be there for no reason. I would definitely expect that they would remove it, but its irritating because it has happened so many times this semester that I had to go in for something dumb like this. If I had a job I would have gotten fired or not been able to take the class.

Its true Contrarian... I should try to keep perspective, but I find that hard sometimes when I lost my job two months ago, and rent is due, I'm supposed to move out in a month, and this is not happening as it should.
  • Romans624
    Options
    Double Post :/
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

I appreciate that that is a huge deal- and she posted at the same time as me. I do not compare my situation with that because it is not comparable at all. I should feel very happy that that is not happening to me right now.

However I don't think that someone else going through pain and trauma invalidates my stress. Maybe it does put it in perspective somewhat.

Your irritation is valid, but perspective is always helpful, and can make everyone's problems seem less insurmountable.
  • rachdlew
    rachdlew Posts: 108
    Options
    That sucks I had an issue with financial aid myself and it can be so frustrating at times. I hope that they are aboe to get everything together for you soon I know waiting on that money can be killer. Hang in there and even though your problem doesnt seem important to others. I think that this is a place to blow off steam if you need to it shouldnt matter whos problem is worse but that everyone feel comfortable enough to post. Hang in ther woman it will get better.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I remember the student loan days:S It's a test...IT's all a test:explode:
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    College: You will spend more time jumping through bureaucratic hoops than you will studying. =/
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    There is nothing worse than a financial aid office that can't get it's *kitten* together. Sometimes you'll wonder if the people in those offices are just completely high 24/7. So, I really hope this gets worked out quickly for you. Good luck! :D
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Well, you could pay your own way through school by working full time for a living. I did. Perspective, you'll get some as you gain some more life experience.