PB2?

Options
sc1572
sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
What's your view on PB2? I am a HUGE PB lover and as a college student, a PB sandwich, banana with PB, or an apple with PB are quick and easy things for me to take for lunches/snacks. My problem is, I love it so much that I can't buy it in a jar, because I'll eat way too much! So, I use the JIF to go packs instead, and each is 250 cals and has good amount of fat.

However, I've heard a lot about PB2 on this site and was wondering the differing views on it and why. It isn't sold anywhere near me, so I'd have to order online, but, I am very interested in trying it! Since you have to make it, and it's a lot less cals. per serving, I think I would do much better compared to having a jar of PB in my pantry, since I could have a bigger serving for less calories.

Opinions? This goes for the regular PB2 or the chocolate.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    PB2 is a great alternative to peanut butter.

I still use the real stuff for apples and bananas but i'll throw some PB2 chocolate into shakes or oatmeal where the texture isn't key (i'm a creamy person). If you don't mind texture then you'll have no issues with it.

As far as portion control, I keep a tablespoon in the PB2 jar and just scoop it out accordingly and mix with water in a snack size bag when on the go. Its much more tricky to lick from the jar when its powder...

i HIGHLY recommend it though...yummy and a calorie saver!
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    What is PB2?....did you day chocolate??:happy:
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    @sgha I just googled it once I saw this post come up, it looks delicious!! http://www.bellplantation.com/products

It's on Amazon.com for $4.99 for the regular, ~$6.50 for the chocolate. MMMM!! Check out the comparison between normal PB and their PB (under the nutrition tab) that's just crazy!
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I LOVE Peanut butter and have switched to PB2. I use both. I actually add it to my oatmeal every morning. I mix it to dip my apples in. It is a bit expensive in my area....a little over $4 a jar but since it is for me only not the kiddos( they eat regular natural pb) it is worth it. I think I would die if I had to cut my peanut butter out!
    My opinion: try it! You will like it!!!
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Bump.
  • healthy_KT
    healthy_KT Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    They sell it near me!! I'm gonna try it out!
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    What is PB2?....did you day chocolate??:happy:

Yup they have a kind that has little bits of chocolate in it!!! I LOVE pb2!!! It is a lifesaver!!!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i love PB2! Its a better alternative to peanut butter because its soooo low in calorie! I ordered mine off amazon... I recommend it to anyone who loves peanut butter
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    btw- do they sell them in stores? if so, where?
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    so happy you posted this ive been wondering the same thing and am also obsessed with peanut butter it is deffinately a trigger food for me, and ive been wondering where i can buy pb2
  • bananaofmyeye
    bananaofmyeye Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    PB2 is great stuff! I've tried the regular one and the chocolate one. I prefere the chocolate one. It is a great alternative to regular peanut butter. I sprinkle some over my oatmeal in the morning and I love PB2 with apple slices for a yummy snack. If you can find it, try it out!
  • spottedlee
    Options
    btw- do they sell them in stores? if so, where?
    Enter your zip code and the list of stores near you is there.
    http://www.bellplantation.com/products/locator
  • starryeyed8285
    starryeyed8285 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Must try this! I am a peanut butter addict and need a replacement for certain things.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    thanks, everyone! :D think i will!
  • grandmawantstolose
    grandmawantstolose Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Our Hy-Vee sells PB2 in the health market section.
  • sonic_the_cat
    sonic_the_cat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Love both the regular and chocolate. I mix in with protein drinks too, makes them taste much better!
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Inspired by this post, I punched in my zip code and went to a doctor's office nearby to snag some PB2. Turns out, the stock they had had expired so they offered me a container of EACH for free!! It's not as sweet as I was expecting it to be but overall it kicks butt and is a lot lower in cal/fat than regular PB! :)