Define an hour glass figure

Options
I dont think I understand correctly. It is measurements from around the bust, waist and hips... But what if someone has a 40 bust but a30 waist and 40 hips BUT their rib cage is only 35.. Looking at them straight on they would look more like a pear.

How does it work?

Replies

• DdoubleU77
    Options
    Obvious by deinition an hour glass is very close to equal at the bust and hips.

I am in luxury fashion by profession, so when I measure a bride I know that the waist should be 9-11 inches smaller than the bust/hips.
  • dannylives
    Options
    salma hayek in "from dusk till dawn"
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My definition, "something I don't have"
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My definition, "something I don't have"

I was going to say that LOL
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    Christina Hendricks:

christina-hendricks-nymag-02-278.jpg
  • Red94568
    Red94568 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

I am in luxury fashion by profession, so when I measure a bride I know that the waist should be 9-11 inches smaller than the bust/hips.

I know the definition is not me! ; )) Actually, my waist will never be 9-11 inches than my bust/hips since I'm not an hourglass figure. I sure wish though!

P.S. I love your profile pic!
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Here is the link that LilacLizabeth just sent out, and it has a definition based on shoulder, bust, waist and hip measurements. It seems somewhat subjective, but this one makes sense to me :).

http://www.oprah.com/style/Whats-Your-Body-Shape/1#slideshow

I am hope that helps!
  • Tardis17
    Options

Woe. I was a perfect hour glass for much of my 20's at 34 24 34 at the weight I am again now and I was an hourglass in my skinny (too skinny) teens then when I put a little weight on I was an hourglass again 38 28 38. I lost the weight and I'm 34 26 34. Hoping my waist will go down and leave my hips and bum but I doubt it. :p