Need help..eating too much..

Options
any ideas to help stop my snacking...eating way too much sugar lately...keep giving in. and should not be doing that......need some motivation on the eating aspect...

Replies

• fitzerin
    Options
    What works for me when I find myself eating too much is I start drinking one slimfast shake a day. (or other protein meal replacement shake) It helps to curb my appetite after the second day...the first day it is super hard to do though...just a warning.
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    What I do is eat lean protein and lots of veggies. I have celery, carrots, cucumber, or zucchini sticks with either a light cheese stick, or n/f cottage cheese, or 0% greek yogurt, for my snack. It really keeps me satisfied. Also, I try to wait until I'm hungry before eating, instead of eating just because...
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    Replace your carbohydrates with fats and protein. Will not be hungry between meals and weight will just fall off.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Not having sugary snacks on hand always helped me. Make sure you have healthy alternatives you can grab instead. I have fruit, nuts, string cheese, and, if I need something cookie-like, I can grab a graham cracker. Just don't eat to much of anything. I have fun-size Snickers in the house right now, and I eat one now and then. Just don't get carried away and eat 3 or 4. :-) My mother tried Slimfast at one time, but stopped because she still ate other food and gained weight. :-)
  • SUgrad04
    Options
    It definitely helps to have another snack ready to go. Is it primarily happening at work, or at home? At work, I try to always keep a healthy snack handy (fruit and cheese is perfect because you get some sugar, but also fat and a little protein), and in case I get really desperate, I also have a couple of Zone Perfect bars stashed in my desk -- I like the chocolate peanut butter ones and they definitely take the edge off -- plus I don't want to eat more than one.
    If it's at home...the only strategy that has worked for me so far is just to not have any junk food in the house, period. I'm less likely to make a special trip out to get it, because I am forced to stop and think about it first. Then I just have a few cups of tea. Republic of Tea Orange Ginger Mint is a lifesaver, because it's delicious and it really, really tastes like it's honey sweetened even though it's not. Hope that helps!
  • ZonePerfect
    Options
    SUgrad04, thanks for the ZonePerfect reco! You might want to sign up for our VIP Program (http://zoneperfect.com/offers) for coupons, news and more! ~Brittany @ZonePerfect