Im not new, but support is needed.

Options
Currently 16, though my profile says im 20 :/ on the 1200 cal. a day. though im only eating around 600. I have celiac disease, and im vegan. i work all my calaries back at the gym. and drink more then 8 glasses of water a day. I log on every single day, so I'm always on here and up for a chat. Id love to hear new recipes, good gym work outs & such. if you can relate to any of this - please add.

Replies

• heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You are only consuming 600 calories a day, plus working out? Girl, you are starving your body! That's not healthy at all. :indifferent:
  • celliott412
    celliott412 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Agree, too few calories puts your body into stavation mode, it will hold onto any fat it can.
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Ouch You Should Really eat lots more. and if your only 16 you shouldn't be eating 1200 calories.
    Your Still Growing.
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I would think that you should do a search for different recipes.....

Nuts
    Beans
    Tofu
    Veggies
    Fruits

Are you completely vegan or do you eat eggs and milk products?

From looking at your diary you def. need some more food!!!!! I would be starving and so unhappy if I ate just that amount, plus you are still growing! Maybe a multivitamin would help? You need to be very careful. Maybe look at other vegan's diary's on this site to see what they are eating with no wheat or gluten....
  • cookc04
    cookc04 Posts: 71
    Options
    You have special dietary needs - go see a dietician and do exactly what they suggest.
  • LiveEnjoyEndure
    LiveEnjoyEndure Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Please look after yourself. Your body needs energy, protein and calcium to grow at the moment. You are just starting your life and you need a long term sustainable life plan. At the moment you are punishing your body when at your age you need to be rewarding your body.

You must stil be at school/college so your brain will need all the nutrients it can get hold of to function properly and for you to learn.

I am a Vegetarian... Can I ask why you are a Vegan?
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'll reiterate what I said in an earlier reply to a different post you made. Avocado, olive oil, nuts, these are all calorie dense foods. You need calorie dense foods. Lentils and beans very good for you, but you have to combine your vegan proteins and create complex proteins. I believe you might have an eating disorder from how you say "I find that if i were to eat all my calories id be extremely unhappy with myself, and i just couldnt do it." You need to see your doctor and work out a dietary plan to ensure you are consuming enough calories and getting the protein your heart and muscles need. I say this because I do care about you, you are worth it, and you need to eat and nourish your body and your soul. Good luck and blessings to you.