Not going back!!

Options
Hello Everyone,

Im new to the site and Im hoping that i really reach my goals this time. Right now my goal is just to get under 300lbs.

A little about me, I started gaining weight after my dad died from a massive heart attach when i was 13. I look like him, and have high blood pressure like him too. When i have gone to the doctor they pretty much count down the years to when i could die because my dad died at the young age of 32. I am 27 now and i dont want to even date to get married and have kids thinking that they might lose me one day. But Im focused on making the change. I hope that i can stay committed and that i get inspired by stories of people here. Then later i can inspire someone else.

Im looking forward to a new beginning.

Replies

• christysherry
    christysherry Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.....best of luck...take one day at a time and before you know it you'll be a couple of months into it and it'll be a way of life for you...i started in June and it's deffo been a life changing event in my life...if i can do it anyone can.:wink: This site is great, i love the fodd and excercise tracker and also the great support and all round posotivity from all our fellow members..

Best wishes and stay focused...you can do it!

C
  • sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You can do it good luck :happy:
  • tryingtogetright
    Options
    Hello & welcome. I too am a product of my father. So I understand your journey. Good luck to you!!
  • musicaljess
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Both my parents are seriously obese with weight related conditions. My mum has been "dieting" her whole life and I don't want to be messing about with things like that. I know what it is like to be overweight because of your parents habits being taught to you.

Good luck sweetie. Just remember to plan ahead, make better decisions, and learn what foods and exercise make your body feel good. xx
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    You can do this & MFP can help! I've been a member since March & this site and its members have literally help me to save my life. This journey will require strength & commitment from you, but we are here to support you in any way we can. My starting weight was 665lbs:blushing: :sad: , but with hard work & determination, I've lost a little over 200lbs. :noway: . This will be the most fulfilling thing you've ever done if you commit yourself to it. :flowerforyou: