Looking to find friends.

Options
I'm looking for more friends, just joined yesterday and trying my hardest to exercise. I have a desk job so it's quite difficult for me to find time. I have started going out for a walk at lunch and also when I get home. I don't go to the gym and cannot run/jog due to a medical condition but I do the best I can.

Feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    added :P

any bit of exercise you manage to do helps, no matter what :flowerforyou:
  • Bosscnote
    Options
    Hello! I have been using the MFP for almost 4 months and have lost 40 pounds! Feeling great and I am 1/3 of the way to my goal. I am only double digits away from my goal weight and it feels great!! Super excited and I welcome highly motivated and supportive friends! :smile:
  • StarlightxUK
    Options
    thanks for your replies! :)
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Shannon_Nicole83 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I also work a desk job and have started walking on my lunch. Every bit helps!
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I added you!
  • StarlightxUK
    Options
    I walk on my lunch also. Not a lot of places to go around here but I try to get out for a wee while, even if it is to get some fresh air!
  • Lady_Lucky
    Options
    Hi :)
    I'm new too, I just joined today! I find it difficult to find time to exercise too, especially when I'm so busy all day!
  • anaanita
    Options
    Hello, I added you
  • Clare_429
    Options
    Added you :)
    I don't find it hard to exercise as much as I generally just hate exercise - but a 8.30am-5pm job doesn't make it easy!
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    add me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please.................................................
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have an all day desk job too. Good for you for starting to walk at lunch! That's a huge step. I got to the gym across the street at lunch. I'm not sure what exercises you can do, but maybe invest in an exercise bike for home? You should be able to find one for under $200, or maybe try craigslist.

This program really does work. Good luck!
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I was on here a while ago, then life got really busy and i stopped tracking and using this site for the summer. I realize the value of this site and the support that comes with the great people so I am looking for more friends as well for my second go at this.
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if you want. I am starting to exercise at the gym again and trying to be more cautious of what I eat so I can also use support; we are all in this together.
  • myshell26
    myshell26 Posts: 113
    Options
    I am new as well. Try Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds video. It is considered low impact cardio and works like a charm for people with medical conditions. It's like walking in the comfort of your own home. The best is that you can choose the length of the workout so if you only have 20 minutes to spare you can do the 1 mile walk, 30 minutes then you can do the 2 mile and so on. It's really easy on the joints too. I actually look forward tot his workout and find myself doing it 6 days a week when I only planned on 5. Anyway... I'm babbling. Welcome to the program and good luck! : )