stretch marks

Options
2»

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Are you sure? I have stretch marks that are very noticeable.. and have been since way way way before i started loosing.

any growth spurt will cause stretch marks. Puberty- weight gain- pregnancy, whatever. A lot of women get them around puberty especially on their hips and breasts- they occur when you are growing more quickly than your skin is able to keep up. Stretch marks are like tears in your skin.

men can get them from lifting weights
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    i just think it's funny that as i read this, there was an add for getting rid of stretch marks at the top of the page :laugh:

haha :laugh: that is pretty funny!

to answer the question, the stretch marks will never go away- but there are things to make them fade. when you lose weight and maybe try cocoa butter? I've never really tried anything since I've always been fat. but hopefully you can find something that will help them fade :smile:
  • lonie
    lonie Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been using Bio-oil and my stretch marks have gotten so light in acouple of months (2 maybe) I would say Bio-oil works great for me so far:happy: :happy:
  • MissesOfficer
    Options
    Mine are mainly on my stomach... the really noticeable ones anyway... they are very faded but they are there... makes me wonder if even after all my hard work and if i reach my goal ill feel comfortable showing off my body.,
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Mine are mainly on my stomach... the really noticeable ones anyway... they are very faded but they are there... makes me wonder if even after all my hard work and if i reach my goal ill feel comfortable showing off my body.,

I know what you mean. I have them all over my hips at the front, where the skin is now pulled tight over my hipbones. They are so noticeable, lol, but I am kind of past caring- everyone has them, you probably notice them more than anyone else ever would.
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Stretch marks are battle scars........... you've been thru whatever caused them and you've survived!!!
    Whether they're from pregnancy, growth spurts, weight gain or lifting weights, they never completely go away, but they do fade with time. My stomach and boobs looked like road maps from 2 pregnancies, but they've faded to a silvery color. Having some color on the skin helps, even if it's from self-tanning lotions. If you're comfortable with the way the rest of your body looks, the stretch marks will fade from your mind and you won't stress about them anymore.
  • Summerrain
    Options
    true they do stick around. but you can reduce the appearance with products like i did, I soooo recommend bio oil or you can go a step ahead and get lazer treatment... but they're tell you to use a prescribed product first before they do the lazers
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was watching the show "The Doctors" and they mentioned that stretch marks never go away but there are some things you can do to reduce their appearance. They did mention that tanning works but that over the counter drugs do not work that well. Laser treatments also work but they can be costly. I did hear that Bio Oil was good so I would suggest some tanning and bio oil.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Are you sure? I have stretch marks that are very noticeable.. and have been since way way way before i started loosing.

any growth spurt will cause stretch marks. Puberty- weight gain- pregnancy, whatever. A lot of women get them around puberty especially on their hips and breasts- they occur when you are growing more quickly than your skin is able to keep up. Stretch marks are like tears in your skin.

men can get them from lifting weights

Absolutely true! My BF has them on his deltoids and biceps from playing college and minor pro hockey. They did a a ton of lifting back then.