Does anyone know of a good detox diet??

Options
I want to do a good detox diet maybe for 3-5days not just to cleanse my system out, but to feel better and honestly I been eating like a pig the past 3 weeks and I really just want to detox my body and mind and clear my head to break my mind and myself from being obsessed with food. I was thinking of eating just fruit for 3 days, but not just fruit all day long maybe like 3-4 servings of fruit and green tea and water for 3 days? Has anyone ever done something like this? ANY recommendations on a detox diet? I don't care if I lose anything during this process its more of a "mind healing" thing.

Replies

• xox_shree_xox
    xox_shree_xox Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I did the master cleanse for 12 days - felt fantastic! Its maple syrup, lemon and cayenne pepper - it was difficult the first couple of days because you don't eat anything, but my system felt incredible for it! :)
  • limorg
    limorg Posts: 15
    Options
    Have fruit- better citrus and veggis, brown rice and ALOT of water and green tea...
    eat avocado or some nuts (not salted) so you dont get constipated...

No salt...No oil...NOTHING!!!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water
  • joshlikesmetal
    Options
    Cleanse diets are alright I suppose. But if you're really serious about cleansing you need to do it over a longer period of time to really make sure your body is 'clean'.

Morgan has it right though. Just eat healthy and drink lots of water.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I really don't recommend doing the master cleanse. When I did it, it was easy to stick to and I wasn't tempted to eat, but I also felt like I had some sort of stomach virus most of the time.

I'd say fruit, vegetables, and lean meats. Just fruit would probably make you hungry.
  • skimball123
    Options
    Look at www.herbdoc.com for cleanses. Do his colon cleanse system or just take his intestinal formula number 1 for about 3 days and you'll feel better. Also, go to www.blessedherbs.com and get their 21 day cleanse if you really want to go for it. If you just want a 7 day, they have that also. I've done both. Awesome.
  • mangledspoon
    mangledspoon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Detox diets are a crock. Your body is designed to detoxify itself.
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yea.........vodka martini.shaken not stirred...1 olive!!!!:drinker:
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Yea.........vodka martini.shaken not stirred...1 olive!!!!:drinker:

This sounds like a good idea. :bigsmile:
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Detox diets are a crock. Your body is designed to detoxify itself.

I was thinking of a response, but really this says it all. You feel bad and probably bloated because you've eaten poorly. That's understandable. But going Comanche on your colon is not neccessary and possibly harmful.

Eat ell, drink water, move lots.

Phil