Another newbie!

Options
Hi everyone!
Im not a stranger to MFP as I started using it several months ago but then lapsed as usual!
I know this works as its common sense and sensible eating so im back to conquer it this time.
I have a further stone and a half to lose but my next goal is the 10 stone mark with i hope to do by
Christmas. That means 8 lbs in 8 weeks which is more than doable as long as i maintain that willpower!
My weaknesses are cheese and alcohol and a preference to snacking rather than main meals,
laziness doesnt help! So i thought Id join the forums for that extra bit of motivation and support.
Thanks for reading!

Replies

• simply_healthy
    simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    All the best :)
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi
    You'll definitely make it, good luck!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    It is ok to snack! Just make sure you log all your food. Trade for low fat cheese. As for alcohol, do what my husband does. He does not drink it during the week and on weekends he will have light beer or a Gin and tonic (with diet tonic). All lower calories than regular beer or mixed drinks. I monitor my nutrition throughout the day to make sure I don't way over do it on anything. I try to always go over on fiber and protein and stay low on fat. The only days I allow over on fat is when I have avocado or something with "healthy" fat. Good Luck!
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm totally new here, too. Welcome back!
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm totally new here, too. Welcome back!
  • rmk256
    rmk256 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been doing this for about a week now and love this app. It is very easy to keep track of what you eat as long as you are honest with yourself. Good luck to everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • NadineSambo
    Options
    I wish you all the strange and motivation you need to do it. It lies in you!!!!
  • sharpei65
    sharpei65 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    JoDeeD I totally agree the key is to log everything and to be more active to earn the extra cals for treats!