Low to No energy!!!

Options
I've been eating heaps of raw fruit and vegies (sometimes cooked), with occasional fish, chicken and red meat. I've also been aiming to attain natural sugar from fruit, honey etc as opposed to junk. However, I'm constantly feeling fatigued and out of energy!

I used to rely on my coffee to give me a quick fix of (temporary) energy but I'm also trying to keep away from caffeine and instead drink water and drink green tea (decaf).

Any ideas to help raise my energy levels? I also power walk on most days.

Thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• Wisks
    Wisks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough sleep?
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I had this same problem a few years ago. I had a bunch of blood tests and it was determined that I have iron-deficient anemia, which causes the fatigue. Honestly, I would have your doctor check you out to be on the safe side, but I would try adding in more iron to your diet.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    When you first cut out lots of sugar/caffeine etc, you will feel pretty low for a while, but after a couple of weeks you should find yourself feeling better again.

Try getting some slow release energy foods - some carbs, some nuts etc. Getting up and having a quick walk like you say helps, but otherwise you might just have to accept that your body takes time to adjust to any new eating pattern, but it will adjust.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    there were 4 replies to this but they seem to have vanished :S
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are eating enough, 1200 is the min for a small sedentry woman and your not sedentry calories

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

Go to the tools section and figure out your BMI:

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle building, and reducing fat. This means it is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode).

This is just a part of it! please read the link above
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Probably just need to eat more. This is one reason why VLCD's are frowned upon.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I have no energy in the mornings! Until my shower that is.
    I try to keep waking up early to work out but havent been able to drag myself out of bed.
    Good luck!
  • FindingMyself239
    Options
    I take one a day vitamins.....either the energy vitamin or the vitamin that helps boost your metabolism and energy level it works really good for me:)

It cheap and you can but them anywhere i got mine at walmart... 60 pills for like 5 bucks
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Considering how you have consumed 1200 cal of energy a day or less it isn't suprising you are getting to feel a little fatigued.

Try upping your calories to 1400-1500 a day for a week or two and see if you feel less fatigued
  • prestonmay
    prestonmay Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    gp back to green tea caffeinated - Give me more a boast then coffee
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Eat more, much more.

Looking at your diary, some days you are under 1000 cals. You should be eating your MFP goal everyday (this included eating back calories you burn from exercise)

Food (calories) = energy, so if you don't get enough food, you will not have much energy.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    Options
    double post :blushing:
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Me too! So tired
  • CaliSweden
    Options
    Your food looks really good and healthy. But it seems that you're lacking long lasting complex carbs.

I eat low GI and low GL, it's pretty similiar to how you eat, but we eat complex carbs. Like have some oatmeal, quinoa, rye crackers or bread, seeds, nuts, beans, barley, and oats. It'll give you long lasting energy, that also helps you stay full feeling.
  • larr91
    larr91 Posts: 11
    Options
    Maybe a little bit of carbs, pasta/rice? can get brown or wholewheat versions :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    whats wrong with eating potato or rice...?
  • morganadk2_deleted
    Options
    Good luck on your journey!