The Endomorph

Options
2»

Replies

• Sway
    Sway Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've just upped my goals because of this... no wonder I haven't budged and got cravings. Too low on my goals.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I agree w/the fact that many people use it as an excuse, but not necessarily that it has no validity. I'm almost a textbook endomorph, but instead of just saying "oh well, that's why I can't lose weight" (which is what I did for years), it just means I have to work that much harder to reach my goals...It sucks, but it really is true.
  • solocircles
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    That is exactly me. There isn't a single point that doesn't describe me. :(
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I am an endomorph. I read his book and love it. I started following his exercise plan for endomorphs 3 weeks ago and have already lost nearly 2 inches in my waist and 6 pounds. That's so much better than I can say about what I was doing before then.

Have you joined the Innew Circle? I enjoy those message boards because everyone is on the same page...and it's a huge support system. I'm also in his Holiday Challenge which keeps me motivated to continue.

I :heart: Tom Venuto.
  • amikad
    amikad Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RebeccaSandrine
    Options
    I know this post is over 2 years old....however I just stumbled over it and I am SO happy I did. I am 100% Endomorph and these tips have helped me greatly! Thank you! I will be sure to purchase the book.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I agree w/the fact that many people use it as an excuse, but not necessarily that it has no validity. I'm almost a textbook endomorph, but instead of just saying "oh well, that's why I can't lose weight" (which is what I did for years), it just means I have to work that much harder to reach my goals...It sucks, but it really is true.
    ^THIS!!

Love Tom Venuto, have BFFM right now and have been toying with his T28 after I'm done with NROLFW. I recommend the book for anyone looking to get leaner and stronger. He has some excellent and very practical advice. The goal setting and measurement sections are great, as well as taking ongoing BF and measurements and using that feedback, good or bad, to readjust your plan. Frankly I'm surprised more MFP folks aren't Venuto fans?

Understanding your personal challenges should give you direction and ideas for overcoming obstacles...not excuses for failing.

Those who don't have the same challenges-who can lose weight with donuts and ice cream as their carb sources are lucky and don't usually understand that it's not the same for all of us. We are all different, and some are not as lucky as others.

I'm hypothyroid, insullin resistant and hormonally imbalanced-BUT I've lost (and kept off for 10 years) 130 lbs and completely changed my life. I can't do it like the majority of MFPers can, but I CAN do it! :)