What's your Pick Me Up?

Options
netchik
netchik Posts: 587 Member
So I've been under the weather for about 3 weeks now. Last night after dinner I realised I was only at 800-odd calories (would NEVER happen if I felt ok :laugh: ) so decided to indulge in my weakness / comfort food.

Toast with butter and crumbly mature and bitey cheddar. Oh yes! Cheese has been forbidden for so long and the minute it hit my tongue it felt like a first date. Those 2 bits of delicious comforting toast kicked me up to near 1500 calories for the day but my oh my was it worth it!

So what's your forbidden fruit?

Replies

• VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Why has cheese been forbiden? It can be a great source of protein if you pick the right kind and keep the fat content low.
  • Wisks
    Wisks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I agree with Vanessa. Cheese is great for protein and calcium. Just not too much.
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Pâté!!!

(On it's own... no need for toast - just a knife to carve the chunks straight from the packet to the mouth... YES!)
  • nothingisred
    Options
    Cheesecake
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    skinny cow strawberry shortcake ice cream sandwich(150cals):tongue:
  • Jacquibennett
    Jacquibennett Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Too many things to pick one! But if I have to.......I can easily eat a massive pack of Maoams in one sitting.......Shame!!! Lol :laugh:
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Mine are mini chewy sweetarts! If they are in the house they will be eaten within a 36 hour time frame!
  • carolyn3572
    Options
    I have two...Lays Potato Chips (mmmmm..crispy and salty) and pizza.
  • mrsframer
    mrsframer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love red licorice, oh and potatoe chips, and beer....
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    fun dip!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I agree with a previous poster that there are too many to choose!!! If I have to though I say CEREAL... any kind from Basic Four to Coco puffs... I'll even take puffed rice if it's all I have!!! Nothing like a good bowl in the evening yummm If I allow for enough calories adding toast is yummilicious too!
  • fitmenow
    fitmenow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I bought myself and my honey a really good juicer. It is quick and easy to clean. I love finding cool combinations of drinks and putting them in wine glasses with a piece of fruit hanging from the top. Feels like the beach!

Also, about cheese, I go to my local gourmet shop and get amazing cheese when I diet. The trick is keeping the portion between 1-3 ozs. They weigh it to charge you, so I ask for it on a plate and eat it there. Sometimes, I get a little roll for 69 cents. I think that I am getting the cheapest and best lunch in town!
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Why has cheese been forbiden? It can be a great source of protein if you pick the right kind and keep the fat content low.

It's forbidden for me, dairy and I don't get on. I'm cheese's stalker :laugh:
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Beer! and candy :love:
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Beer and coffee