Evening sugar cravings

Options
Does anyone else get cravings for sweet food like chocolate a couple of hours after dinner? If so, how do u deal with it?

Replies

• randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i have a teaspoon of peanut butter :o)
  • melmckendry
    melmckendry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drink water or eat a fiber one brownie. or just talk myself out of it and I dont buy it so its not in the house
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    A square of dark chocolate dipped in a teaspoon of peanut butter. (approx 140 cals)
    A jello mousse temptations cup (60 cals)
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    fruit.
    OR if I need chocolate- I'll eat a bite size Hershey's dark. Yum. But- just 1 (usually :) )
  • mmensah
    mmensah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    sugar free snacks like pudding , carmel turtles, 3 musketeers
  • daram05
    daram05 Posts: 80
    Options
    Sometimes I chew sugar free gum (Orbit's or Dentyne), have a Weight Watcher's Smart Ones dessert (they are delicious, the perfect size - just enough to fulfill that crave, and aren't high in sugars and cals), or I have a good old bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios

I hear that small cups of vanilla ice cream are harmless as well, so you may want to consider those as well.

Hope these help!!!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Ummm, i have whatever it is I'm craving.

You don't have to cut all the nice things out completely. Just eat them in moderation. :)
  • meeko_meerkat
    meeko_meerkat Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    One small square of very dark chocolate works well, or if you really want to be good try a big bowl of diet jelly! Pretty much no calories and you still feel like you're eating something sweet :)
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It happens to me sometimes, and I have different things I will do. I will drink a cup of decaf tea, or go for a walk, or have sugar free Jello (I keep it made up in serving size containers in the fridg) if nothing else will do. I do not usually "crave" chocolate because it is not one of my favorite things, I eat it, but very rarely.
  • mashanda
    mashanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    peanut butter or a skinny cow candy bar(they are so yummy)
  • brazilian27
    Options
    couple hours after dinner? lol I have as soon I finish my dinner. I usually try to get sugar free jello with fat free wipped cream or sugar free chocolate syrup and fat free whipped cream
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i usually eat half a cup of starwberries or half a cup of unsweetend apple sauce with cinamin and splenda put it in the micro for a few seconds tastes almost as good as apple pie yum yummm
  • happyhenglers
    happyhenglers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I want something sweet almost every night after dinner, and it's never anything but chocolate. If you aren't the type to limit yourself to just one (like me), I brush my teeth, have a glass of water, then go for a walk. Having minty, clean teeth sometimes changes your outlook--as does a 10 or 20 minute walk.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I always have a sweet craving after I eat. I usually give in, I keep chocolate chip cookies and other treats in the house for myself and if I want one I eat it as long as it won't put me over my calories limit. I exercise everyday so I don't have to deprive myself of yummy treats.

Now don't get me wrong I don't go hog wild! I usually allow myself one cookie or a yogurt or something else sweet.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    yeah. i used to. i used to keep skinny cow ice cream in the freezer, and little by little stopped craving them.
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    A square of dark chocolate dipped in a teaspoon of peanut butter. (approx 140 cals)
    A jello mousse temptations cup (60 cals)

These are great suggestions. I also use the dark chocolate (it is my favorite) for these cravings. I usually put it in the freezer as a way of keeping it out of my mind as well and so far it has worked for me.
    The mousse temptations is also a yummy way to get over a chocolate craving and still be in control of the calories.
  • jazzcait
    jazzcait Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions :)
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I always have a sweet craving after I eat. I usually give in, I keep chocolate chip cookies and other treats in the house for myself and if I want one I eat it as long as it won't put me over my calories limit. I exercise everyday so I don't have to deprive myself of yummy treats.

Now don't get me wrong I don't go hog wild! I usually allow myself one cookie or a yogurt or something else sweet.

Have you tried the WhoNu? chocolate chip cookies? 3 cookies for 150 calories, not bad and they do get you through craving for sweets.
  • sethandjane
    sethandjane Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to reply because so many others gave great suggestions - but the ONLY chocolate I buy (or let my hubby bring into the house) are the Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Nuggets with almonds. Usually if I have just one and really let it melt in my mouth and savor it, I find I don't need more. Even on the yucky TOM days, I find that 2 or 3 are enough - each one has about 45 cals. And eating them while drinking a cup of peppermint tea makes them taste even better. Good luck! :)
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    1 block of cadbury's chocolate in a slab has 23 calories, so i eat a few of those, but not a whole chocolate.

Or i eat small sweets, fewer calories but i still get the sugat hit :)