slowing down

Options
My weight loss is already beginning to slow down after only 4 week.
I'm worried I'll give up all together if I'm working really hard for nothing :S

Replies

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Hopefully someone with knowledge and experience will offer some specific advice, but all I can say is to hang in there. You are improving your health even if you're not seeing the results you want on the scale.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    It's never for nothing... stalls should be expected and are normal... the most important thing to do right now is to keep going.. it's not something you can stop and start... it's a life style change.
  • janeitg
    janeitg Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    One thing I draw comfort from is that I know if I hadn't lost weight I would still be gaining! So just remember we could be even heavier and none of us want that.
  • rowmom
    rowmom Posts: 5
    Options
    change it up a bit - more calories on one day and fewer on the next and increase your activity level. it will come off!
  • KelCanDoThis
    KelCanDoThis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Would it be possible to have a look at the diary, if you dont want to open it you can put it on a pin and message me, i'll have a look and see if I can help you.

Kelly
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Don't be frustrated or give up!! Think about how much you've already lost... And your 4 weeks in... That would have jut been 4 lbs...

It motivates me when I think 8 weeks later I should have only lost 8 lbs.

Slow and steady wins the race... It's about learning new habits and changing your life to a healthier one. Weightloss is the added bonus. Keep on keeping on!!
  • rlane0408
    Options
    I was told that your body gets use to your physical activity. Try switching it up or pushing through the burn (even when you think you can't do more). Not sure if it works, but that's what I was told. Good luck and hang in there.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I know it's hard, but PLEASE stop concentrating on the scale! I am a scale addict, and I wanted to give up a few times, but I KNEW I wasn't working my tail off for nothing. Concentrate on increasing your endurance, and take it one day at a time. In another 4 weeks you WILL look back and think "Thank goodness I didn't give up!"
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    when it happened to me I changed things up..our body gets used to the same thing. I changed some food and my workout....good luck.Also if you are working out measure it could be inches.
  • LeighYan91
    Options
    Would it be possible to have a look at the diary, if you dont want to open it you can put it on a pin and message me, i'll have a look and see if I can help you.

Kelly

I think my diary is open if not i'll change it now i have been bad a few days and eaten things I shouldnt but always been in the calorie count.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Please do not give up.... I have lost 43 of the 120 pounds I need to lose, has it been easy? No . Has it been painfully slow? Yes. But the ONLY reason I have gotten to 43 pounds lost is because I DID NOT GiVE UP on those many many discouraging days. this is battle EVERYDAY and You and I have to fight for every pound. Be patient , do the work....it will start to come off.....and enjoy the Non Scale Victories along the way!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Please do not give up.... I have lost 43 of the 120 pounds I need to lose, has it been easy? No . Has it been painfully slow? Yes. But the ONLY reason I have gotten to 43 pounds lost is because I DID NOT GiVE UP on those many many discouraging days. this is battle EVERYDAY and You and I have to fight for every pound. Be patient , do the work....it will start to come off.....and enjoy the Non Scale Victories along the way!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    This happens, sometimes I wouldn't lose but maybe 1/2 pound in a week, but my body would catch up to what I had my settings at eventually. Sometimes I would stay the same weight for over a week. You eventually lose it, trust me, I know! Be patient and you will succeed.
    Lots of good advice about changing things up, btw. Also, check your sodium levels.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    change it up a bit - more calories on one day and fewer on the next and increase your activity level. it will come off!
    ^What they said! I found zig-zaging my calories really helped me in plateaus. One day I go over by 100 - 200, the next I'm intentionally under a couple hundred calories.
    Try changing your exercise up too. If you do only cardio, try adding some weights or circuit training, or biking, or hiking, or boxing or pilates, or playing baseball with the kids, or raking leaves, or any of a million other activities. I have found, even with programs like P90X, after a while, your body gets used to it and just changing the type of activity can make a big difference. That's why I took up boxing.
    Also take your measuremtents once a week. You may be getting smaller and losing fat while gaining muscle. That is a good thing. Try not to focus on the scale any more than you would focus on measurements. Weight is not the end goal, being healthy is the goal, right?!!