Portion sizes

Options
Just came across this. I usually measure everything, but it's interesting to see everything in order of how much you get for 200 cals!
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-200-calories-look-like.htm

Replies

• allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    That's cool :)

Gimmee the brocolli *nom nom nom*
  • schmorla
    schmorla Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thats really cool.

Thanks for sharing.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Very interesting but in my book, there's no way a whole avocado is only 200 cals!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Very interesting but in my book, there's no way a whole avocado is only 200 cals!

A small Haas avocado is 190-200 calories. That's why I always buy the small ones at the store.
  • goodthings
    Options

that crossed my mind too...maybe it was a tiny one?

i'm suprised by the huge plate of carrots. and on the other end, the teensy drop of bailey's!!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I guess have should stop having that full butter stick that I dip in a bowl of olive oil for breakfast...
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

A small Haas avocado is 190-200 calories. That's why I always buy the small ones at the store.

The ones I buy are small-ish (size of fist maybe) but the nutrition info says 200 cals for 1/2. :(
  • goodthings
    Options
    I guess have should stop having that full butter stick that I dip in a bowl of olive oil for breakfast...

nah just wrap the butter in bacon so you get the protein in ;)