Grease now makes me nauseous...

Options
Is anyone else like that? I found that while watching what I ate, I've really cut down, almost out, fried foods, french fries that aren't baked, that sort of thing. And now the occasional food that I have that's fried, I can just taste the grease, and that's all I taste. Even cooking oils, if it's more than just a little to brown the meat, I can really taste it and it turns my stomach.

I have to say though, it makes staying away from bad foods easier!

Replies

• Shannoncore
    Options
    yeah i can taste it too. and feel it as it is tearing up my stomach. i am really craving french fries but still cant eat them due to it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If a food is very greasy is can make me nauseous. I've never been a fan of most greasy foods. Even if they were healthy I just don't like the taste of most. Brats and some sausages are the exception. I do like those, but shortly after eating them I always regret it because they give me serious and sometimes embarassing GI issues.
  • melissabee31
    Options
    Yup, I feel the same. After not having fried anything, having some french fries or fried chicken is like "ohhh, gross!" to me. I get a huge stomach ache after wards. Also, after avoiding things with extra sugar, if I have a cookie, I just think "this tastes wayyy too sweet!" and I usually feel sick after large amounts of sugar too.
  • everydaypam
    everydaypam Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yea! Last time they provided lunch at a work function it was pizza. I had two pieces and ended up going home sick.
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I went two years without any fried or similar fast foods, then got nostalgic for Wings to Go as it was one of my favorites back in the day. After having about a dozen wings, I was literally lying on the floor in pain from the grease. It was like getting punched in the stomach from the inside. Although I'll have something fried now and then, I try to control quantity and am with you, the film of slimy grease is prevalent.
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    Yep I am the same way...anything greasy just sits very heavy on my stomach and it does help you stay away from those types of foods.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Mayonaise makes me sick when I eat it!!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Grease is the word
    Grease is the word, is the word that you heard
    It's got groove it's got meaning
    Grease is the time, is the place is the motion
    Grease is the way we are feeling
    Grease is the word
    Is the word
    Is the word
    Is the word
    Is the word
    Is the word
    Is the word
    Is the word
    Is the word
    leaving.gif
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'd list this as a NSV :)
  • megarooni
    megarooni Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend makes eggs that he calls sliders because he cooks them in bacon grease so you have the grease on the bacon and then the eggs are full of the grease too. I decided to try it last weekend because he put all the effort in and surprised me. I felt nausous and sick all day Sunday and into Monday. And it is the only thing I can think of that caused it. To my surprise I didn't even really taste good. So it was not satisfying in anyway. At least now I know what to avoid more because I get not satisfaction out of it at all. And he knows too...
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I've seen the term NSV before, what does it mean?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've seen the term NSV before, what does it mean?

None scale victory
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Ah, thanks! Though I wouldn't call this a victory...
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Thank you for posting this! Every time I say it I get this look from people like, "What's wrong with you? People don't get sick from Mayo!"
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

Same here! :D