Insanity question

Options
The recovery formula,worth it??

Also my calves are super sore its a different type of sore then ive ever really had before, so should i work through it or ease up? I'm drinking lots of water so i dont cramp up but the knots that are forming are downright painful.

I run about a mile to a mile in half everyday before insanity for my warm up should i maybe not run as far? Thanks =)

Replies

• Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    You might be over doing it with the running. Do you take Vitamins? Also you have to see where your protien intake is at. I think the recovery formula is helpfull, but if you are taking vitamens, getting enough protien, or even drinking protien shakes you should be fine. Make sure you are stretching properly and listen to your body. If it's not muscle fatigue and feels like some sort of strain or something, ease up.
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I'll be doing my first Insanity workout (Plyometric Cardio Circuit) later, so will let you know how I feel afterwards!

I'm planning just to have a protein shake and to stretch a lot afterwards.

If you're really sore you could try stretching, a nice hot bath (always works for me) and a foam roller. In my experience foam rollers REALLY hit the spot when it comes to muscle soreness.
  • coqui2010
    coqui2010 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    WOW a mile before the Insanity workout is INSANE!!! =) That is great that you find the energy to do both; I had the same pains in my calves but I just pushed through it and it slowly got better with time. I would continue to drink water and make sure you take advantage of the stretching after each workout don't skip it. This program really works but I did have to stop because I injured my knee but I'm now getting back into it. So my advice would be to take it easy make sure you are doing the moves right and stretch well!!! Good Luck! =)
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue...I even got shin splints. This program is tough on the legs. I used 8oz apple juice and protein powder as a recovery drink..it's much cheaper. Make sure you have good running shoes that absorb the shock of all the jumping. I don't think you really need to run for a warm up...the program does that for you! Good luck