Okay this time its for real!!

Options
Hello everyone!

I joined a while back but never really took this seriously. I have feel off the wagon and it has run over me. I had success in 2008 and I lost 80 lbs but at present I have gained 50 lbs back. I am finally ready. I know me and I know when I am there. I am a all or nothing kind of person.

I am hoping to find some support from others who are going through something similar. Last time I had friends and family around. This time I am all alone in a different city.

So here goes it. I am on day 2 and feeling pretty good.

Replies

• dknowsbest
    dknowsbest Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    welcome back! :)

you lost 80lbs in the past?! that's beyond amazing! i'm always blown away when i hear that people are able to lose such large amounts of weight without surgery - it gives me hope for my journey. i'm currently trying to lose 20lbs by the new year and an additional 30lbs after that. i'm going to add you if you don't mind. i'd like to pick your brain for tips and tricks :)
  • kaylaj1225
    Options
    Your topic really stood out to me, because its something I say all the time, I always seem to put working out on the back burner!! Reading your message board made me feel like I'm not the only one out there thinking and doing the same thing. Hopefully we can pump each other up and give each other tips!!:smile:
  • StacyStewart1977
    StacyStewart1977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    welcome back! :)

you lost 80lbs in the past?! that's beyond amazing! i'm always blown away when i hear that people are able to lose such large amounts of weight without surgery - it gives me hope for my journey. i'm currently trying to lose 20lbs by the new year and an additional 30lbs after that. i'm going to add you if you don't mind. i'd like to pick your brain for tips and tricks :)

It is funny at my highest I was 380 and thought my only option was surgery. But I took off 20 then another 10 with just diet. Then a few years later I took off the 80 with diet and a lot of exercise. Surgery was never going to be an option for me. My food issues are in my head for sure no surgery was going to fix that. I have always had a weight issue and I am sure always will. But when I did lose the 80 I felt like Superwoman. Now I was not a size six or even a 14 for that matter. But to me I felt like a supermodel... lol! I want that feeling back. I want to feel strong and healthy.

It comforts me to find others who can understand what it is like. So lets pick each others brain for tips. :-) Thanks for the post!!
  • StacyStewart1977
    StacyStewart1977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your topic really stood out to me, because its something I say all the time, I always seem to put working out on the back burner!! Reading your message board made me feel like I'm not the only one out there thinking and doing the same thing. Hopefully we can pump each other up and give each other tips!!:smile:

I am all for sharing tips and ideas. Working out has been my biggest struggle. I have a job that is very demanding and I work about 52 hours a week. Leaves little time for exercise. But I know that is what worked for me in the past. So I will do what I can and use MFP as a tool to hopefully connect with people who can hold me accountable and be supportive. Thanks for the post!!
  • lemonhead1
    lemonhead1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi -

Well, lets do this together! I'm on day two and attempting it all alone. Good luck!