Chicken drumsticks recipe Ideas?

Options
Does anyone have any ideas on how to prepare Chicken drumsticks? I usually always either baked them or fry, or sometimes put some BBQ sauce after baking.
I feel the need to change it up alittle, while keeping it healthy. I have a picky family, so something simple that taste good always works.
Thanks for your posts! :)

Replies

• LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Try this

http://www.taste.com.au/search-recipes/?q=chicken+drumsticks&publication=

I particularly like any sticky style drumsticks or tandoori :)
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i use curry powder, paprika, and cumin and make it like a curry

or i roast it with veg and gravy

or boiled with cous cous/ bulgar wheat and salad
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Lawrys has great maranades. I love the jerk chicken. or put them in a ziplock bag with some zesty italian dressing overnight. all the spices get inside the chicken. its yummy!
  • 20dee
    20dee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    We grill ours and then when they are almost done we dip them in Franks Buffalo Sauce then put them back on the grill until they are ready to eat. (yummy)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Ginger Chicken!
    I didn't have drumsticks when I made this; I just used all thighs. But, the flavor is really good!

http://www.marthastewart.com/340993/soy-ginger-chicken?czone=food/comfort-foods-center/comfort-foods-dishes
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to prepare Chicken drumsticks? I usually always either baked them or fry, or sometimes put some BBQ sauce after baking.
    I feel the need to change it up alittle, while keeping it healthy. I have a picky family, so something simple that taste good always works.
    Thanks for your posts! :)

I make chicken tandoori with drumsticks. You need a box of Shaan brand chicken Tiki or Chicken Tandoori mix (both taste same). remove skin off drumsticks. With a sharp knife, put deep puncture wounds, about 1/2 inch long throughout your drumstick (put several punctures and make them deep). In a bowl, combine plain nonfat or low fat yogurt with the seasoning (1/2 a box for about 6 pcs; the entire box for more chicken) and mix well. Should be an orange color. Let marinade a few hours. Using nonstick spray, spray grill and grill drumsticks OR, spray baking dish and bake them in the oven. They are very delicious!

You can find the Shaan mix in an asian market. Tandoori is an Indian dish so an Indian market will have it.
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has some great recipes. I like the asian glazed drumsticks.
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Try this

http://www.taste.com.au/search-recipes/?q=chicken+drumsticks&publication=

I particularly like any sticky style drumsticks or tandoori :)

Wow! Great link!
  • angelapolite
    Options
    We grill ours and then when they are almost done we dip them in Franks Buffalo Sauce then put them back on the grill until they are ready to eat. (yummy)

That does sound yummy!!! I will try that tonight!
    THANKS!
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    take the skin off the legs...

put in glass baking dish with two tins of apricot halves (with the juice)....

one pack of french onion soup....

sprinkle with sesame seeds...

cover and bake...
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

YES!! I boil mine in the hot sauce then grill them and baste them while they are cooking! Delish! I also do this wings.
  • angelapolite
    Options

YES!! I boil mine in the hot sauce then grill them and baste them while they are cooking! Delish! I also do this wings.

I've used that for wings too! I don't know why I didn't think of trying it on drumsticks.

Awesome tip, Thanks again!
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    Take the skin off and marinate in fat free togurt, tandoori spice blend and garlic and chilli, the grill xx
  • abigailhutch
    Options
    We love bbqing them! My boyfriend always comes up with great flavors! We put a little evoo on them...then sprinkle with garlic salt, smoked paprika, & pepper.....then he adds a splash of Allegro marinade to the pan and swirls them all around in it! It's soooooooo good! We also have recently started "smoking" them in our gas grill....Take wood chips (Pecan chips are our favorite) soak them in water while the chicken marinades, then drain off the water....we just make a little pouch out of foil and put the wood chips in it.....poke a few holes in the bottom (with a toothpick) and leave the top open some.....just place it in the bottom of the grill and cook the chicken as usual! OMG delicious!