minor exercising throughout the day... worth doing/tracking?

Options
I work for The mens wear house, one of the smaller ones that you would find inside your local mall. For us we are coming upon our slower season. I really dont want to fall into the holiday slump nor do I want a flat butt. I need to find something to do at work to burn calories and help promote my weight loss.

My true question is... Is it worth it to do light weight lifting or cardio through out the day. You know inbetween customers. I typically work 8 to 13 hour shifts. on my 8 hour shifts I do p90x in the morning and the gym at night. On my 13 hour shifts I just do p90x. Since it is dead at work I don't want to just sit.

I want to bring in lighter weight dumb bells and do random arm chest back things. AANNNDD I just found an 8 inch high tailors block. I want to do step up on that.

Does anyone think doing this stuff is worth doing and logging? Or do you think its just a waste of time?

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Of course it's worth it.... anything that has you moving and your *kitten* off the couch is worth it.

They did a big thing on Good Morning america today about 15 minute workouts --- men/womens health - big book of 15 minute workouts or something like that.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Worth doing, probably, as long as you don't overdo it (do not work the same muscles everyday). Worth logging, probably not.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Anything that gets you up and moving, even if it's running laps around the store - do it! Doesn't sound like you're going to over do anything since you're just talking about light stuff.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yea absolultey. Anytime spent moving your body and exercising your muscles is good.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    it is worth it. I do jumping jacks, squats, lungs, push up etc oin my cube. I definatly log teh cardio, do always log the pushups and stuff. Jumping jacks burn a good number of calories.
  • jcandidi1
    jcandidi1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I really didn't want to sound dumb. I also didn't want to do more harm than good.
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I don't have time exercise all at once....so I'll do 100 push ups or 100 crunches at odd points during the day at work, I jog in place for 5-20 minutes when my work day allows it (when the phones aren't ringing and no one else is here to see me, haha), and I try to get in a video at night if I get the chance, after the kids are in bed. I burn less calories until I've been exercising for 10 minutes solid (according to my hrm) but burning is burning, even if it's at a slower rate because I can only do bits here and there.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Of course it's worth it.... anything that has you moving and your *kitten* off the couch is worth it.

They did a big thing on Good Morning america today about 15 minute workouts --- men/womens health - big book of 15 minute workouts or something like that.

It's worth logging and doing. I used to get in a 15-25 min walk a day when I have an hour long lunch at work. However since I don't work day shift and work evening, I can workout during the day before getting ready for work.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The tailor's block will do great things for your buns & thighs. There's a series of Firm DVDs (way old) called "Transfirmer" - Look for the Super Charge Sculpting one (Youtube maybe) it will give you lots of ideas.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Go for it! It all add up to a fitter you, but I wouldn't bother trying to log it.

Check out QuickieChick.com for several 100 second exercises you can do at the office. One hundred seconds can seem pretty long with some of these exercises.
  • jcandidi1
    Options
    it is worth it. I do jumping jacks, squats, lungs, push up etc oin my cube. I definatly log teh cardio, do always log the pushups and stuff. Jumping jacks burn a good number of calories.

I guess the big question was is it worth logging. I'm glad i get such a nice responce here. I used to belong to a body building forum... a holes. If I posted this there they would have directed me to the nearest bridge and told me to jump.

So logging isnt a waste than. Good cause I could see myself doing step ups for an hour at least a day here. I'll have to try the jumping jacks at work... lol not quite sure how the coworkers will respond.
  • Diamond1065
    Options
    We have one of those doorway pull up bars in my workplace. It is great for getting away from the computer monitor/ shaming your co-workers with your awesome pullups......hahaha.....I also like to hang upside down on it--great back cracker. Wouldn't recommend if you are wearing a skirt, however.
  • Diamond1065
    Options
    AWESOME! You look great. Good on you for posting those pics. That is quite a motivator.
  • jcandidi1
    Options
    The tailor's block will do great things for your buns & thighs. There's a series of Firm DVDs (way old) called "Transfirmer" - Look for the Super Charge Sculpting one (Youtube maybe) it will give you lots of ideas.

Perfect! if there is anything on my body that needs work its my thighs!!! I'll check it out and see what i can find on youtube
    THANKS!