Benefiber Chewables

Options
For those of you who used Benefiber chewables, how many do you take and what time(s) of the day do you take them. I know I need more fiber in my diet but I'm not sure how to work these chewables in.
Thanks!
Jamie

Replies

• jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    When I used them I just ate two in the morning. Now I have 7 grain hot cereal for breakfast and it gives me all the fiber I need.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I tried these, but they made my belly hurt so bad & I was bloated :-( . I hope you have better luck with them
  • thenewme1972
    Options
    I take a tablet around breakfast time and another one around lunch time.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    The serving size is 3. I usually have 3 with breakfast, although I've switched to the caplets instead of the chewables. Depends on the day though, some days I know I'm not going to have enough fiber for the day based on meal planning, other days I don't need it.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Not real fiber. They don't do anything at all, other than maybe make you fart.
  • susanofscottsdale
    Options
    For reasons I do not understand, these did nothing for me. Similarly Metamucil and other brands of fiber tablets also had no effect - no matter what time of the day I used them. And, even odder, Metamucil with orange flavoring.....is as if I took nothing.

Plain Metamucil works like a charm, best taken consistently. Morning and with meals gives the added bonus of a more full feeling.

I have also learned that the fiber within brocolli is very effective. Ideally fresh, steamed lightly or even raw. Very low in calories, carbs and very high vitamins and in impact.
  • avsingleton
    avsingleton Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    haven't heard of the benefiber chewables, but i think i like that idea. thanks for asking the question. however, i did find this out researching online...

three chewable tablets of benefiber® equal one serving and provide 3 grams of fiber. age serving daily Intake 12 yrs. to adult 1-3 tablets up to 5 times daily.

wow....this is some great stuff!

happy fitness! :flowerforyou:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    False, the tablets are dextrins and cellulose, both typical forms of soluble fiber.
  • sock_17
    sock_17 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    do you usually feel the effects of them the same day? I took 2 on Monday (1 at breakfast and 1 at lunch time) but nothing yesterday becasue I felt so bloated and gasy. Those gas bubbles can really mess with me. They hurt and make me feel weird lol. I'm just wondering if the was the chewables and if it's worth it to continue to take them.
  • kimkimchi
    Options

I beg to differ. I have severe IBS and wouldn't ..ehem, go.. for up to a week at a time (& feel terrible when I did go) before starting to take a Benefiber or two a day. After starting it took a week or two but I am 100% normal and an "everyday goer" now. I didn't change anything else: diet, exercise, etc. So it's 100% that fiber helping me not want to die everytime I had to go.