HELP!

Options
My weight won't budge! I have been counting calories off and on since my 31st birthday in September. Been using myfitnesspal for a couple of weeks now and my weight won't budge. As soon as I lose a pound, I gain it back. It's so frustrating!

Replies

• trianaw
    trianaw Posts: 177
    Options
    Be consistent in watching your calorie intake and drink lots of water.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Could you open your diary?
  • cmasonrock
    cmasonrock Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fact: Muscle Weighs more then Fat
    Soultion: Measure yourself.
    Hips - Waist - Neck

If the scale is bringing you down check the measuring tape.
    Excercise Daily and skip some snacks.

You Can Do It!!!!
  • sabathia
    Options
    Try smaller more frequent meals and add more protein to your diet. My trainer had also told me not to eat carbs such as bread and pastas after 2 because it takes 8 hours for your body to burn them. Hope this helps. Good Luck
  • richfaber
    richfaber Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    reducing calories by watching what you eat is great but you must also wake up your body through regular work outs. 30 minutes each day walking etc. if you are working out you may be adding muscle as you lose fat. take a tape measure and track progress there too.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    "off and on" doesn't work. while its okay to indulge (preferably in moderation) on occasion, you should be sticking with healthy eating most of the time.

also, what you eat could have an impact on whether you are losing weight or not. for most folks, too much sodium doesn't help with weight loss. for some folks, processed foods and refined sugars don't help with weight loss. your diary isn't public so I can't give any specific suggestions...other than to be more on than off.
  • ameriah3000
    Options
    Could you open your diary?

How do I open it?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I have been counting calories off and on

^ This is the issue in my opinion.
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Log everything even if its a small bite of chocolate cake or a cookie, it all adds up. I have learned you are only cheating yourself if you dont log everything. Consistency is key :) Good luck! You can do this!
  • ameriah3000
    Options
    Log everything even if its a small bite of chocolate cake or a cookie, it all adds up. I have learned you are only cheating yourself if you dont log everything. Consistency is key :) Good luck! You can do this!

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I do log everything, but I am afraid I am eating the wrong things.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary public so we can get an idea of what you have been eating? Also, like others have said, off and on is ineffective, you have to be consistent and honest (no guess work here!) and stay with in your allotted calorie range. If you do this, watch your portions and add some exercise in the mix (even if it's just walking), you will loose weight.
  • ameriah3000
    Options
    Can you make your diary public so we can get an idea of what you have been eating? Also, like others have said, off and on is ineffective, you have to be consistent and honest (no guess work here!) and stay with in your allotted calorie range. If you do this, watch your portions and add some exercise in the mix (even if it's just walking), you will loose weight.

Thank you!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

yep!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Fact: Muscle Weighs more then Fat
    Soultion: Measure yourself.
    Hips - Waist - Neck

If the scale is bringing you down check the measuring tape.
    Excercise Daily and skip some snacks.

You Can Do It!!!!

Fiction: muscle weighs more than fat.
    Muscle does not "weigh more" than fat. They have different Relative Density values but one does not weigh more than the other.

Fact: it is extremely difficult to build muscle in a calorie deficit.
  • ameriah3000
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice.
  • barwood
    barwood Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You have to make your diary show so we can help.But losing 82 lbs is not bad you are doing something right.
  • ameriah3000
    Options
    You have to make your diary show so we can help.But losing 82 lbs is not bad you are doing something right.

Thank you, but I have 82 lbs to go.
  • cmasonrock
    cmasonrock Posts: 50 Member
    Options

yep!

Agreed