hi! New to myfitnesspal

Options
Hi everyone!
My name is Emily, and I am here like everyone else to lose weight. I am doing it not only for my health, but for a boost in self confidence, and to help my marriage. My husband and I are wanting to start a family soon, and I want to be able to keep up with my children when they are outside playing. I am currently walking vigorously for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week. I am trying to get my walk up to a run, and I know I will get there soon! I started myfitnesspal about a week and a half ago. So far I have lost 2 lbs! I'm so excited! I finally found something that helps me track everything! I have tried notebooks, but I always have to add the calories and everything myself... And I have no idea how many calories I'm supposed to take in, so myfitnesspal is WONDERFUL! I continue to use it everyday, and I love seeing my progress :) I can't wait to lose more weight!

Replies

• nana_trina
    Options
    Good luck to you Emily!
  • PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck on your success!! :flowerforyou:
  • auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Your so in the right place Welcome and good luck. Feel free to add me if you need anything. I'm farily new as well. Just remember it's not a race it's a lifestyle change!
  • jedinight32
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Alyssa and I have been using myfitnesspal for a little over a month and have lost 3lbs. This is a really great tool to help with achieving weight loss goals and the people that I have met here are a really great support. I also enjoy walking and started a program called c25k which is a 9 week running program that builds your endurance up to a jog/run for a full 30 mins (If you are interested) and I practice yoga about 3 to 4 times a week. A friend of mine introduced me to this site and I am so glad that he did. I am really happy with the progress I have made so far and look forward to the future. Glad to hear that you are making some progress as well. Feel free to friend me if you would like to chat or for support, and good luck with everything!
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I love this program as well. I am pretty much at my target weight but I still log in and I love hearing other people stories and sucess!!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    welcome Emily. MFP is a great tool for those who use it consistently. Nice job on your early success. Stay on the journey and you will have more success. Good luck to you and your family.
  • aratliff101803
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you! :)
  • ewallander11
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! It feels great to have such nice and encouraging people in my life now!! :happy: Thank you again! And I wish everyone else the same luck!! Let's keep up the hard work! :happy: