I keep losing motivation

Options
Hello everyonee :)

I've been using My Fitness Pal on and off for a few months, and I think it is incredible, and the people on here are incredible, but I find I am weak in myself and cannot keep myself motivated.

I would like to lose weight to become healthy and more confident, and I know I can do it but a few days in I don't see results and I start losing faith in myself. Food seems to be the only comfort for that and so it becomes a vicious circle.

So please feel free to add me, and together we can help each other! We will do this!

Hollie xxx

Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Here is all the motivation I ever need:

4830493574_very_fat_woman_eating1_xlarge.jpeg

But seriously, when I get down I read some success story posts. Sometimes I splurge on a little treat and get back on the horse. But if I may say, from your picture you appear to be skinny and beatiful, so it's not like you need to lose a lot so much as monitor and adjust to stay at a healthy weight and find foods and activities that enhance your wellbeing.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    holy crap!! wow, if I wasn't motivated.. I am now :)
  • Paigealicious77
    Paigealicious77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It is so easy to lose motivation and go back to your old ways. I am the same way and all it takes is getting on here and looking at some of my awesome friends or picking up a copy of oxygen to get re-motivated. I love love food and lots of junk food. Reward yourself once a week and just enjoy your favorite meal. You can look forward to it all week! :tongue:
  • mosenm
    mosenm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel ya!! I have been on and off working out for a while now!! (Mostly off until now) :smile:
    I just keep telling myself to get my exercise over with in the morning so I'm good for the whole day. I went to the grocery store and bought a lot of produce and nothing frozen. When I only have healthy food in my house I don't have many options but to eat it. I had a grilled burger the other night and potatoes and I was still under my cals for the day!!

Just remember how great you feel after you worked out. That helps me ALOT!!! Good luck girl. We can do it!!
  • badwolf99
    Options
    oh gosh me too! I've been sabotaging myself right and left with horrible food and then I've been skipping making entries. I'm trying to start up with making some entries for today. Then I'll try again tomorrow. Good luck!
  • Hollieox
    Options
    Thank you :) that photo is part of my motivation, its who I was and who is would like to be again.

Wow, that photo is a shocker!!!

Thank you guys :) xxx
  • Leanne_fat2fab
    Leanne_fat2fab Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same funk. when you lose the inches or pounds you feel invisible, but when u fumble, u fumble hard :-/ I will be adding you so we can hopefully keep eachother motivated!!
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Keep in it, just try to bring it as often as you can and you will get there!
  • IRENELOPEZREALTOR
    Options
    Its hard to keep the motivation going. I just wanted to add that there are different diets to go by. Loose the weight by changing your eating habits first. I am loosing weight, I lost 10lbs in about two weeks! I will start exercise this week. Ive tried different diets,pills,shakes,etc. So far I tried a couple diets and they work but you must choose the one that works for you. My daughter is now 4 months old. With exercise and my adjusting my calorie intake I will loose another 10 lbs by November 15th.Keep yourself active and have a positive attitude everyday!! You deserve it!!:wink: