Is there any way to get Shakeology samples?

Options
Hi guys, I've been hearing great things about Shakeology and their chocolate/greenberry flavors, but I'm worried I won't like the taste and be stuck with a month supply of something that makes me want to hurl.

Is there any way to get a sample of the flavors before committing to a month supply? It looks like Beachbody.com only has them in 30 day supplies, go figure.

Replies

• markymark25
    markymark25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree with the post above. Find a BB coach. I did not like it at first but then I joined a 10-day challenge and was able to buy 10 packs. It helped, but the real test will be the next 28 days (I bought the 30-serving bag). I use it for breakfast every morning.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    you can also by individual packets on ebay, usually about 4 for around $20.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    you can also by individual packets on ebay, usually about 4 for around $20.

You do what you've done, make a post in MFP. I had to do that b/c I am in Canada and getting samples to Canada is hard - found 2 people on MFP who are willing but only 1 is doing it, the other wants my life storey first so you can guess who I'm choosing to spend the $ with. Otherwise just google for coaches and request a sample from anyone with an e-mail address

Ps: Shakeology costs $3.97 a serving so 4 for $20 isn't a good price - you are better at getting 1 free sample and then deciding if its worth the investment.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I've been hearing great things about Shakeology and their chocolate/greenberry flavors, but I'm worried I won't like the taste and be stuck with a month supply of something that makes me want to hurl.

Is there any way to get a sample of the flavors before committing to a month supply? It looks like Beachbody.com only has them in 30 day supplies, go figure.

my advice is save your money, get a quality protein powder and quality multi if you want to go the mrp route. you can get both for a lot lot cheaper
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Beach Body has a 30-day empty bag guarantee, so even if you drink the entire bag and are not satisfied with it, you can return it and get your money back.

That's true as well but b/c you can only buy from a coach I would feel bad about returning it b/c that's commission out of their pocket and some people dive into the beach body coach thing like it's a safety net when in reality it’s more of a pyramid scheme albeit a yummy product with vitamins rather than well wishes and false promises.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Oh boy is there!

Personally, I think it's a huge waste of money. You can make shakes in a blender with real food and get all the same benefits.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    my advice is save your money, get a quality protein powder and quality multi if you want to go the mrp route. you can get both for a lot lot cheaper

But there are so many reports that multi-vitamins aren't absorbed very well and reports that you need to eat 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night and even then, its a bit of a roulette game. Wouldn’t the vitamins being in a food product like shakeology or whole vegetables make it easier to absorb?

I love a good deal so if you can provide more info that a vitamin and shakeology would do the same thing I’m all ears!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

But there are so many reports that multi-vitamins aren't absorbed very well and reports that you need to eat 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night and even then, its a bit of a roulette game. Wouldn’t the vitamins being in a food product like shakeology or whole vegetables make it easier to absorb?

I love a good deal so if you can provide more info that a vitamin and shakeology would do the same thing I’m all ears!

vitamins from whole food sources, yes. but from shakeology? nope. the absorption rates of vitamins in multis depend on a number of factors, but you'll tend to see in a lot of multis, crappy forms of vitamins that are not absorbed by the body well. And if you look at shakeology it contains the same crappy forms of vitamins as said multis. and you can basically disregard their throw in "greens formula" which is woefully underdosed and just there for label filler
  • heathersmilez
    Options

vitamins from whole food sources, yes. but from shakeology? nope. the absorption rates of vitamins in multis depend on a number of factors, but you'll tend to see in a lot of multis, crappy forms of vitamins that are not absorbed by the body well. And if you look at shakeology it contains the same crappy forms of vitamins as said multis. and you can basically disregard their throw in "greens formula" which is woefully underdosed and just there for label filler

Thanks!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    you can buy a quality multivitamin( look into orange triad by controlled labs, or animal pak), whey protein, and a greens supplement (really unneeded but whatever) for much less than the shakeology garbage.

it's overpriced.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    1) No advertising or self-promotion. You may not post advertisements for other services, websites, etc. which intend to sell products or services for monetary gain. Any such links will be removed at moderator discretion without warning and could result in your posting privileges being revoked. You also may not make any posts from which you might financially benefit, i.e. "message me for more info", "I can get you free samples", "visit my site for more info", etc.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14923-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting
  • megandunn18
    megandunn18 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1) No advertising or self-promotion. You may not post advertisements for other services, websites, etc. which intend to sell products or services for monetary gain. Any such links will be removed at moderator discretion without warning and could result in your posting privileges being revoked. You also may not make any posts from which you might financially benefit, i.e. "message me for more info", "I can get you free samples", "visit my site for more info", etc.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14923-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

This post isn't selling Shakeology...it's just about whether or not it's worth it, and asking if anyone knows where they can find a sample. Don't be so uptight.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

This post isn't selling Shakeology...it's just about whether or not it's worth it, and asking if anyone knows where they can find a sample. Don't be so uptight.

Sorry, I forgot my signature AREWETHEREYET MFP Moderator.:flowerforyou:

I deleted 5 offers with links to their sites selling the product.

I had an issue with my computer, so did not finish the post.

But thank you for bringing it ot my attention.
  • Jenforb3
    Options
    Have any of you even tried Shakeology? I think you should do your homework and actually try a product before you start talking crap and spreading lies. And keep in mind every person is different so what has worked for you might not work for the next guy! Beachbody is doing amazing things and helping people in so many ways its crazy awesome! Not everyone has time to send 4 hours in the gym and some people are embarrassed to go to the gym so to give them that option to do something instead of nothing is pretty awesome and to have the support of a Coach and the Teambeachbody community is just the cherry on top of the sundae! If you need a sample message me I'll get it to you for free.
  • getitgirl11
    getitgirl11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is an amazing formula that has over 70 nutrients your body needs. I have been using Shakeology and noticed such a difference in my nutrition and fitness level.

If ANYONE wants a sample, message me and I will ship you one FOR free!
  • leshug3
    Options
    I am here in Victoria, BC and I have Chocolate, Greenberry and Strawberry samples! Let me know if you would like to try....=)