Anyone do Body Attack and/or Body Vive?

Options
HI everyone
I've been doing Body Combat and Body Pump (as well as Zumba) for about 9/10 weeks now, and love them all. But for various reasons I need to change my exercise schedule about a bit in the next few weeks, and the options for me are Body Attack and/or Body Vive.

Does anyone do either of these, and can they give me an idea of what to expect? I tried Body Attack a couple of years back and it wasn't really for me, there was a lot of jumping which I'm not too fussed on since having a hysterectomy a few years ago, but I know the Combat/Pump routines change regularly so imagine this is the same with Attack and Vive. I have no idea what to expect from Vive, so again can someone give me an idea of what is involved?

Replies

• purplegurl13
    purplegurl13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi - I teach Body Vive and it's a great class. It doesn't leave you breathless like attack and there is very little jumping. There is super fun retro music, and its FAT BURNING! The class starts with a cardio section and then goes into a little bit of a recovery before you then get into resistance training(with bands - more challenging than it looks!) and you finish up with abs and core/back strength at the end. I say you give it a try - I bet you will enjoy it! :)

If you have any more questions, feel free to message me.
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    My friend came over on the weekend and the previous day she had done one of these classes, she could barely move :bigsmile:

This girl runs marathons and crap, so to get her hurting it must have been good!
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    I assume that you are talking about the Les Mills classes? If so, I regularly do the step, pump, combat and attack classes.
    You are correct about the attack having more jumping involved - but you could always do it and take the lower options for those specifid moves?!?

I have never tried Vive before. I assume that it's a little less cardio than attack, but may also burn a few less calories because of it?!? You can always check out the lesmills webiste and read up about the classes, and their guesses as to how many calories are burned.

Why not try the step class - there are always a lot of time slots offered here for that class!

Good Luck! ;)
  • shukeli
    shukeli Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just done Body Attack this morning, I may not be able to move by the afternoon...

There is a fair bit of jumping and running about but I normally take the low impact options (especially this morning thanks to sore knees from Body Pump yesterday!) which still keep your heart going, I do the higher impact stuff sporadically throughout the class if I want to take it up a notch.

I'd still recommend it as there's plenty of variety of moves and a nice mix of cardio and strength training. I may take this all back later on today when my muscles stiffen up though!!
  • anna2709
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your replies, that's all great info and I will give both classes a try next week! Unfortunately Body Step is not available at my gym but it does sound good so I will keep a look out for it - they introduce "taster" classes every few months and if they are popular they make them a regular thing.
    Thanks again!
  • neckburg
    neckburg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i do step, pump, combat, and attack. attack leaves me completely spent! i love it. hope you enjoy it as much as i do! good luck.
  • tane_momona
    tane_momona Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The intensity in Body Vive is quite up there now - in fact, cal burn wise you can easily get to 600 cal if you take all the high impact options and go for the maximum tube resistance in the strength block...