ok i have to ask...

Options
misty5976
misty5976 Posts: 45 Member
Remember... im new... lol.

What does NSV stand for? I feel so lost and I've been trying to figure it out but my brain is just too tired to think. :)

Replies

• bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    non scale victory...
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    non scale victory
  • misty5976
    misty5976 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you ... :wink:
  • DDsMrs
    DDsMrs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad... I didn't know either. Non scale victory....good to know :-)
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It took me a good while to realise what the initials stood for even though I knew an NSV was a good thing!
  • TIARAR247
    TIARAR247 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    don't feel bad. now i have to ask, what does bump stand for?
  • SaintOnEarth
    Options
    lol.. well I have been on here for around 2 weeks and still didn't know what NSV stood for LOL... now I know, thanks everyone.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    bump is what people say when they want to come back to that post later to get an answer. That way it will put it into "their posts" and will be easy to find later.
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It took me a good while to realise what the initials stood for even though I knew an NSV was a good thing!

Me too!
  • avsingleton
    avsingleton Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i felt the same way when i saw "nsv" mentioned in a post. so i just consulted my ole pal google...u'll be surprised what google can do for u! :happy:
  • kayelrick
    kayelrick Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    don't feel bad. now i have to ask, what does bump stand for?

I could be wrong but I think It's just someone moving the post up - bumping up the views so it goes to the top of the pile . . .
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    bump just means that someone wants to post on a topic to bring it up into the "recent posts" section or they want to put it into their "my topics" so they can read it more in depth later :)
  • jak111
    jak111 Posts: 36
    Options
    Ok, I am kind of new too and from this post, I just found out what NSV - but what exactly is a non scale victory? Thanks!
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am kind of new too and from this post, I just found out what NSV - but what exactly is a non scale victory? Thanks!

I was about to ask what NSV means too, but I think a non scale victory is something like not eating free chocolate at work, or someone commenting on how good you look.
  • Cornwallis68
    Cornwallis68 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's a victory that is not about what the scales say - so it could be moving down a size in clothes, or someone being able to fit their arms around you, etc
  • Quilled
    Quilled Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump actually is an acronym as well
    Bring Up My Post
    But its just easier to type bump
  • chanson104
    Options
    I'm so glad you asked! I have been wondering myself, and I have been using this site for quite a while!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    An NSV could be:

pulling your belt in a notch.
    wearing a necklace that you couldn't wear before cuz your neck was too big
    buying a smaller size

It's a victory that doesn't show on the scale, but shows in other ways :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!