Hi I am new and need encouragement

JenR0307
JenR0307 Posts: 11 Member
Hi my name is Jen and I just joined. A friend recommended the sight. I am good and starting things but get bored very easily. Especially if I don't see results quickly. I am hoping to stick with this. It's kinda my rvenge on an ex plus I just want to be healthy and not have my kids be embarrassed of me.

Replies

• JenR0307
    Hi my name is Jen and I just joined. A friend recommended the sight. I am good and starting things but get bored very easily. Especially if I don't see results quickly. I am hoping to stick with this. It's kinda my rvenge on an ex plus I just want to be healthy and not have my kids be embarrassed of me.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    welcome. Glad you could join us.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    HI, and welcome. I have been on this site for only a few weeks, but I love it. I think you might be setting yourself up for disappointment if you are expecting the pounds to fall off TOO quickly though. I, too, am a very impatient "instant gratification" type person, but I have come to realize this is going to take a long, long time, but if I keep at it, and look at it as a lifestyle change, I CAN meet my goals. So far it is working nicely.

Good luck to you!

Dana.
  • kbirky73
    kbirky73 Posts: 110
    Hi there ....
    This place is great ... has changed my life.

I decided to actually use the site in January ... though a friend told me about it a year before.
    I did it because I was deleting pictures of me and my kids so i am right there with you about wanting to do this for them ...
    We all have everyone that we'd like to see their faces when we walk into a room half of what we were but ...

DO THIS BECAUSE YOU WILL FEEL AMAZING AS YOU DO!!

I had been given cholestrol medication from my doctor a year and a half ago ... diet and working out wasn't an option for me ... but i never took it.

When i went to my doctors earlier this week .. he weighed me in himself went over my blood work and ... i am not prescribed that medication anymore. What a great feeling it was!!!!

Getting healthy, and changing your lifestyle is going to be the best thing for your family ... but most of all, for you!!!

GOOD FOR YOU for coming on .... and we're all out here for advise, and encoruagement.
    :heart: :drinker:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    I just want to say a Welcome to MFP and Happy Friday!!!:tongue:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Good Morning, Jen, and welcome to MFP:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

losing weight and getting fit are not an overnight matter, they should continue for a lifetime........but........just do it one day at a time, take baby steps, and stay connected to people like us here at MFP
    there are lots of great threads of people who message to each other almost daily and encourage each other to keep on going on the journey.

celebrate tiny successes
    set modest short term goals
    and when your head says you're bored with the new lifestyle or you'll never succeed, or some other negative garbage, tell your head to shut up:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you can do it:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    good luck! i just joined also, and i have a 7 month old baby boy whom i want to lose the weight for. i want to be able to keep up with him and not be embarressed about my weight anymore! good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile:
  • JenR0307
    I just wanna thanks to everyone, you all see so friendly and supportive. :happy:
  • JEN,

PLEASE DO THIS FOR YOURSELF ONLY. FORGET REVENGE ON THE EX AND EVEN THE KIDS BEING PROUD OF YOU. THOSE ARE BONUSES THAT COME WITH THE HEALTHY LIFESTYLE YOU WILL FOLLOW. SUCCESS DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO LOSE THE WEIGHT AND HOW MUCH HARD WORK YOU ARE WILLING TO DO. EDUCATE YOURSELF AS FAR AS A HEALTHY EATING PLAN GOES. DON'T LOOK FOR SPEED. MOST WHO TAKE THE WEIGHT OFF TOO QUICKLY GAIN IT BACK. YOU NEED TO GIVE YOURSELF TIME AND SET SMALL GOALS ALONG THE WAY. WHEN YOU WANT TO LOSE OVER 100LBS IT SEEMS LIKE IT IS A MILLION YEARS AWAY,BUT BELIEVE ME, TIME GOES FAST AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT YOU ARE AT GOAL. YOU CAN DO THIS. WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.
  • chosen
    chosen Posts: 31
    Hi Jen, I have joined this great website for 2 weeks now and I have already lost 5 pounds, which is really good for me. Do it for yourself and you won't be dissapointed!

172559.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary