Need to Get Back Into This!

Options
Argh! I totally neglected MFP probably around late July. It is now end of October and I have GAINED about 10lbs (and I had probably only lost about 5 to begin with). Vacations happened, moving to a new town, looking for a new job and getting engaged have all happened since then, so it was very easy to slack. However, and especially with the engagement part, I REALLY need to get back into this! Anyone out there stopped and started, and had success the second or third time around???

Replies

• khadlock
    Options
    Im just now getting back on the wagon as well i stop in may and have sense then moved had my boyfriend move here from Texas to i understand the changes your going thru. if you find the advice you are looking for please let me know, i love some guidance or motivation. good luck we can do this!!
  • anharrison
    anharrison Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Im dealing with the same issue. My last 'weigh-in' was at the end of July...and I just am having a hard time getting motivated! I'm right there with you. I'm about 20 lbs off of my goal weight for my November trip and it frustrates me that I've quit :( Any suggestions on getting motivated again?
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Me! I gained about 10 pounds over the summer, couldn't believe, got back on, and have lost all that I gained over the break and will now keep losing! You can do it!!
  • kscarlett24
    kscarlett24 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So I started back in March and lost about 18 lbs in 3 months, ran my first 5k, and felt great. Since then I gained back only 1-2 lbs, and have been maintaining, but not losing. I still have another 20 to lose. So I am also trying to get back into tracking my food, and saying no to all the temptations (cake, cookies, candy, chips, etc) I know it can be done, and reading other's posts help to know I'm not alone. Friend me if you like. I'm good about the exercise, I just eat too much :-)
  • tristalyn5314
    Options
    I started dieting in january and lost a little under 40lbs when spring hit i started working more and was slacking on my logging and wasnt working out end of september i went to a nutritionist and had gained back about 7lbs of what I had lost just went to the doctor yesterday and lost 25lbs in 28days logging and exercising it was definitely a huge motivator when i saw the shock in the doctors face when I stepped on the scale. Just start again it will work
  • leti333
    leti333 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is my second time around also, I seem to be easily distracted with life and being consistent is a challenge for me. However, I refuse to give up, to be full of regret, or to think that it's just a matter of time before I slack again. I am moving forward one day at a time and doing my best everyday. Make reasonable changes and be aware of what you are doing on an hourly basis, ask yourself if what you are doing is moving you toward your goal or way from it. Good LUCK!! You can do this, one day at a time.