how often do you shred?

Options
Hey guys,

How often do you do the 30 day shred? every day? every other day? 3x week? I just started it myself and yesterday was day 2 lvl 1 for me. Im very sore today but im also doing alot other than shredding in the day. Any tips? (my diary is public too if it helps)

Replies

• thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I try and do the 30 day shred on the days I can't get to the gym or walk/run outside. It's a great workout in a short amount of time. My goal is to do it at least 3x a week.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm on L1D6 today, and I'm doing it every day for the 30 days. It's the only intentional exercise I'm doing every day, though. The soreness gets a lot better after the third or so day (at least it did for me). I'm sure it will hurt bad again once I switch levels. :tongue:
  • sonshine327
    Options
    I started it yesterday and I'm getting more and more sore as today goes on, but I'm planning on doing the workout again tonight. My goal is to do it everyday.
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) I"ve done the complete 30 day shred once already and am on round two. I did it every single day for 30 days and yes, I was sore in there, but I actually found that working out and doing it even though sore, I ended up feeling better. I took 4 days off after my first 30 day completion and started again. I'm on day 16 today. :) I love the results and hope that you enjoy it too!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I shred three times a week because I also do other things besides that DVD workout, and because I have to modify some of the movements due to knee problems.

I briefly looked at your diary and you are doing well with the protein but I suggest that you start tracking sodium too because it seems that you eat too much processed foods.

Try to add more vegetables and fruits, and get your carbs from complex sources such as brown rice/pasta, yams, quinoa, and of course fresh veggies, although you can also use frozen vegetables.

It takes time to change and adapt but you will get there. Keep up the good work. and congratulations for loosing 35 lbs.
  • mlwood428
    mlwood428 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do it six days a week, because I think it says somewhere you are supposed to take a one day break from it every week.
  • ZydecoBeauty
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred...on day 2 and plan to take a day of rest on Sundays....I know the muscles need to rest in order to repair properly..so I'm giving them rest only on Sundays.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

How often do you do the 30 day shred? every day? every other day? 3x week? I just started it myself and yesterday was day 2 lvl 1 for me. Im very sore today but im also doing alot other than shredding in the day. Any tips? (my diary is public too if it helps)

Hey my new friend!! I did the 30 day shred back in May and did it every day with 1 day break every 10 days (between levels). The most sore you will EVER be will be this week...day 3-4 are the most sore (at least they were for me. Your hamstrings and quads will probably hurt the worse - if you have any questions, feel free to inbox me...I loved it and lost many, many inches. Not much weight however, since I built muscle/definition. I went down an entire size when I shredded as well.

That first 2-4 days of soreness really bit the big one...
  • ricanstace
    Options
    I finished Day 5, Level 3 last night and I've done it everyday. Like most said, the soreness last for the first few days. I remember day 2 & 3, I could hardly sit down, bend down or even walk. But after day 4 or 5, it gets better and you start to feel stronger, with more stamina.
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm on level one day 8. I've been doing it every day. Its hard but I feel really great.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Level 3. i TRY to go everyday but sometimes if im busy I'll skip this one and do the next day (or the next available day). Since i'm almost finish I try to do a hour instead of 30 minutes.
  • ecbaldridge
    Options
    I'm on L1D5.... I'm feeling pretty great and my arms are finally not sore! :) Keep it up everyone!!!