My scale battle & pics ?'s

Options
Hi there!
Im back on board and finally realized these boards and friends were here! This is going to make a world of difference knowing that there are so many people out there with me! Ive fought this battle for so long, the last few months its been a roller coaster. I do good for a week and then fall off on the weekend, then i battle to get back on the following monday. So my weight has fluctuated more than it should. I also find that if i for any reason cant get to the gym on a regular basis I have an extremely hard time keeping up with eating healthy. For me it has to go hand in hand, its all or nothing.... So hence my fall off days!
Anyways, along with my battle to stay focused I also have an obsession with the weigh SCALE! I weigh myself every morning. I know thats not healthy, but i cannot help myself!! a gain of 1/2 lb is extremely discouraging! HELP!!!
Another question I have is PICTURES. Does anyone post their before and during pictures to track progress? I would find this so motivating!!!
Thank you my new Weight Loss Friends!!!
:wink:

Replies

• TheMrsFitnessGeek
    TheMrsFitnessGeek Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I post most of my pics along my journey :)
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh each morning too, but don't worry about the ups and downs, it eventually goes down. Usually from not enough water and too much salt! lol Feel free to add me.
  • JennyAnnLanders
    JennyAnnLanders Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning to. I even take my scale along on trips. Not that I'm crazy about weighing myself, I just want to keep up with it. If I'm away for several days, my eating changes, I want to keep track and be cautious...but not rude about not eating!
    It helps me to stay on track, just as My Fitness Pal does.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I have/had a scale addiction too - I have been at this journey for over a year, and I always stepped on the scale multiple times a day. I have realized that my worth and looks aren't determined by the number on the scale - working on my low self-esteem (thanks to my ex). Focus more on the tape measure - the scale were lie whereas the tape measure doesn't. I had to put my scale away. I still step on it, but not as frequently - I feel more freedom now (if that makes sense). I don't feel so defined by that number anymore. I am near the end of my journey because I only have like 3 lbs until my second goal weight, so my weight flucuates bad now. You CAN do this!!! I am living proof of that. We all have bad days, just pick yourself back up and keep going. Best of luck to you.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I have posted pics along the way for motivation too. I have also used paint to do a comparison shot - there are 2 (I think) in my profile pics. The comparison shows you how far you have come - nice reminder.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I threw my scale away...literally. I started this journey 1-3-11 and I have weighed myself every morning unless we were camping. I even took my scale on vacation.
    I vowed to pay closer attention to how shrinking and toning my areas instead.
    I will purchase a new scale on weigh again on 1-3-2011..... I am hopeful I will break my addiction to the scale.
  • DDsMrs
    DDsMrs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning as well, before I shower...after I shower...it's an obsession and I understand where you're coming from when the scale goes up. Weight fluctuates, don't get discouraged. Try to drink more water, that seems to help. I'm still new to this site and haven't figured out how to post before, during and after photos to my postings. I'll figure it out though :smile: . Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • pdandy
    pdandy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    WHEW!!! ok now i dont feel so bad! I do see the scale moving in the right direction thank goodness. And i do find it inspiring to me when i keep seeing the numbers go down. Its like YES get back on that treadmill and go harder!!!
  • cjbester
    cjbester Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Girl,

We have the same story, but I am going to keep working at this thing until I see a great change!

Hang in there.
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing exept my weight will fluctuate almost 3 pounds. I lose and then gain before I lose again. Just keep working and it will show. This is a marathon not a sprint. :smile: I think the pics are a personal prefference. If you post them please keep them tasteful. My kids tend to lean over my shoulder while I'm on MFP.
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing exept my weight will fluctuate almost 3 pounds. I lose and then gain before I lose again. Just keep working and it will show. This is a marathon not a sprint. :smile: I think the pics are a personal prefference. If you post them please keep them tasteful. My kids tend to lean over my shoulder while I'm on MFP.
  • pdandy
    pdandy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh believe me! lol im not in any position to post any distasteful pics right now! lol