for women--sports bras?

Options
staceyw37
staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
need new ones but don't want to spend a ton b/c i'm hoping the girls will get smaller soon. prefer as much NO BOUNCE as possible. thanks for your help!

recommendations? do you buy at target? sports store? online??

Replies

• staceyw37
    Options
    need new ones but don't want to spend a ton b/c i'm hoping the girls will get smaller soon. prefer as much NO BOUNCE as possible. thanks for your help!

recommendations? do you buy at target? sports store? online??
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am a size B - I bought my recent sports bras at Target - I feel more comfortable wearing 2 at a time. I can't stand any bounce. I have bought some from other places and still haven't found one that gives me what I want - so I just double them up and it works great!
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Goodwill gets the Target surplus that doesn't sell. I find brand new Champion sports bras at Goodwill pretty regularly. Plus people buy them and then don't wear them so you get brands like Nike with tags still on for like 5.00.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I like target but I don't have anything there... my sister who is bigger than me wears the victoria secret ones because they have more support, they are a little bit more expensive but it would probably be worth it, you shouldn't have to wear 2, good luck!

~Leash
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    I am a DD, even when I am skinny :( ...one of the goals of losing weight is going to be a reduction but anyway, I have yet to find a good sports bra, so I wear two regular bras and a sports bra over them. One of my daughter's best friends is the same size I am (at 14) and she plays basketball and volleyball, and she taught me that little "trick". I'm not going to lie, it's not the most comfortable solution, but it works.
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    I'm a 38D and I got mine at Walmart. It's a Danskin and it seems to control the bounce.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    I am a DD, even when I am skinny :( ...one of the goals of losing weight is going to be a reduction but anyway, I have yet to find a good sports bra, so I wear two regular bras and a sports bra over them. One of my daughter's best friends is the same size I am (at 14) and she plays basketball and volleyball, and she taught me that little "trick". I'm not going to lie, it's not the most comfortable solution, but it works.

i understand you and the 14 y.o.'s "problem." as a teen i was a 32 DD and weighed like 110 (even when i weighed less they didn't get smaller). I did have a breast reduction--when i was 18--BEST thing ever.
    Now that I have gotten to my heaviest wt and 3 kids later, the girls are back to a 34D. (can you imagine how huge they'd be if they hadn't been reduced?! ugh!)

I am expecting they will get small again when i lose the weight as that is what happened after kid #1. :happy: On the plus side, they never sag and probably never will. so highly recommend the surgery when you are ready. you can pm me if you have q's.

anyway, thanks for the suggestions. i have found my reg bras to be more supportive than the worn out sports bra, but hadn't thought of layering.
    from my online research, i sense that Motion Control brand would be well suited to my needs but they're like $35-40 each. hence, my asking all of you for advice.

so thanks all for your input. :flowerforyou:
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    im a 34 DD and a size four :( It is so hard to find sports bras that fit! I would just buy an expensive one anyway unless you really think your breasts will shrink. Mine never did but I made the mistake in starting out with wearing 2 that were semi supportive. This made me have crazy back problems.
    I found some great ones on ebay. Sports stores have all kinds but can be pricey. :happy:
  • LawBug17
    LawBug17 Posts: 26
    Options
    these aren't super cheap, but i bought them both after finally deciding to give in and buy good ones i desperately needed! i'm a size D so it's hard for me to find a bra that doesn't crush me but still supports me enough. these are the best i've ever owned :)

Under Armour, $44.99
    http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2797164&cp=3077569.3079702.2806304&parentPage=family

Champion, $35.99
    http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2624002&clickid=body_rv_img
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    34DD after my breast reduction. We won't even discuss how large I was before!
    I buy the (Champion) C9 brand at Target. About $17 a pop where I live. I can jog in them and bounce is minimal.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    you all are so great! off to do some shopping/trying on, plus that underarmour one lawbug suggested could be a winner, too!
    thank you all for taking the time to respond. :flowerforyou:
  • LawBug17
    LawBug17 Posts: 26
    Options
    :) the under armour one is awesome. plus the cross back is super cute.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    hello you guys I came across this topic I know what you mean I am very large chest and i do believe as my weight come off their goin to shrink, But Im I bind my chest with a chest compressor, and it works great although it is 40$ bucks but you cant even notice my tits with the binder, oh and by the way .
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I have an underarmour one too... its not the same as lawbug's but i love it... i think i paid around 50$ for mine aswell but i completely recomend going all out and spending a good chunk of money ... you get your moneys worth when it comes to sports bras!!!
  • rohdesl
    rohdesl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like the Moving Comfort ones. That's what the local running store here carries. They have great support, and come in your normal bra sizes instead of small, medium, large. Which is nice if you are an unusual size. About $40. Most sports stores carry them, but otherwise you can order from barenecessities.com. (my favorite bra site)
  • magnolia1077
    Options
    Hello! I'm new here but came across this topic and was very excited that I did. I have 1 sports bra that I wear but I hate it and being a D cup it smooshes the girls into one big girl. I was just telling my husband that I needed to go out and find a really good sports bra even if it costs more than I want to spend. Thank you for all your suggestions on this topic! Girls gotta stick together (no pun intended)
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Im jealous!!!!
    After my weight loss....I only need to wear two tank tops with a "shelf bra"

DAMN!:mad:
  • AmyLou9903
    Options
    Hi,

I own this one:

http://www.barenecessities.com/Champion-Powersleek-Wire-free-Sports-Bra_product_Champion1691_,search,.htm

in two styles. I bought it at JCPenney's though, I think, when they were having a big bra sale (no pun intended!).

I have DDD/E cups. These bras are GREAT. I highly recommend spending the money on at least two really good ones if your chest is bigger than a D. It can be really painful if you don't!