Which Jillian Michaels videos should I purchase???

Options
Ok I am needing help on which Jillian Michaels videos to purchase. The next few months are going to be crazy for me so it will be hard to me to get a lot of gym time like I usually do. I am 136 pounds, 5'3. I don't have a lot to lose...I would like to get down to 120, but I would take 125. My weight is mainly in my hips and my thighs...I like my butt, and but have some weight to lose in my tummy. So I would like 1 video for "all over" and then maybe one for either abs or one for butt and thighs? I know she has one for pretty much anything, but as I said earlier my life is about to get super hectic as I am starting Nursing school. So a video for all over workout and 1 that will hit my abs butt and thighs would be great. Any tips would be great!!!!! Thanks!!

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I've only done one Jillian workout and didn't like it too much. What about more of a boot camp format? Those are generally good for total body.
  • megcalvert
    megcalvert Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I don't have time for boot camp...I would love to do one..and there aren't any offered in my area. I am a social worker full and go to college full time, I am about to start my Nursing program and I really won't have time. So I need something I can do when i wake up or when I get home.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I will be finishing 30DS in a few day's and then moving onto Ripped In 30. I also add extra cardio and do a boot camp class once a week & I am definitely seeing/feeling results.
  • JLove2Zumba
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 134 Pounds with the same goals as you.. I am a runner, But I also Zumba.. and For strength training I use Jillians 30 day shred.. You use weights and you do 3 circuits of abs, Legs and arms.. Its so effective.. Trust me for the next 2 days climbing The stairs or in and out of a car will be so Painful : ) There are 3 levels on the dvd, I have yet to make it past level one.. I wear a Hr monitor to see what My burn is and Its almost 200 which is great, Plus using weights you body continues to burn for the next 24 Hours.. I don't use it everyday, but the plan if that is your excercise.. You do it everyday and Incorporate cutting you calories and You should see fantastic results.. Try it..
  • dkueter94
    Options
    First off, you look amazing! I would like to know the answer to that too because I am the same height, weigh about the same (a little heavier) and that is where I carry my weight. My hips and thighs! Right now I'm doing the 30 day shred but am only on day 8 of level 1 so I don't know yet how effective it will be overall. I'm really trying to lose 10 lbs by Christmas!!!!
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    None - Jillian Michaels is the devil.

JK - I have the 30 Day Shred. I'm still pretty overweight and I find it difficult so I am working my way into it. However, it seems like a decent workout and it's less than 30 minutes.
  • Beehiveof8
    Beehiveof8 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How much time will you have for working out? I have the circuit training one with JM, and you can do as much or as little of that as you want. It is an excellent workout!
  • jensweeney1
    Options
    I really like the 30 Day Shred, it's got 3 levels, 20 min each. So if you only have time for 20 min....it's a quick work out. She does circuit training, 3 min. of strength, 2 min. of cardio and 1 min of abs. Then she repeats 3 x's. It's a total body work out.

I have also done the Cardio Blast dvd. Love that one too. 30 min and I am sweating. I would never survive a week on the ranch!
    :)
    good luck!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    ive done 30 day shred, killer buns and thighs, banish fat boost metabolism and six week six pack, they are all good and i got 30 day shred 1st then because she is so good i decided to get lots of hers so i still have quite a few to get. I would personally say 30ds as its a great workout and there are 3 levels so you can work up to level 3. hope this helps.x :0)
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I just started her Yoga Meltdown, it's actually pretty challenging and you do heat up, not boring yoga at all. It seems to be great for toning up with some fat burn. I'm getting ready to start her 30 Day Shred but I'm still 20 lbs from my goal and it sounds like you need more toning than anything since some weight loss will happen as you tone. You need to look for sculpting style workouts. Good luck!
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have her 30 day shred that is a total body workout. I'm on my second round of doing it. The first time I lost about 3 inches in my waist, 2 inches in my thighs, 2 inches maybe in my hips. It is a pretty good workout. I've heard the Ripped in 30 is good too. I also just recently purchased her Killer buns and thighs dvd. Haven't worked up the nerve to try it yet as I just started back on the 30 ds. good luck in choosing a workout. they are all pretty good.
  • Simona38
    Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have The Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout and it's lead by Jillian.

The cardio part is 25 minutes and by the end I'm really working up a sweat. It combines cardio with weights so you get a good all-round workout.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 2 of the 30 Day Shred. I also did the elliptical on those two days. Let me tell you, I can barely walk today! I love the video so far, great for a quick workout. Highly recommend.
  • Tammylyn117
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 day shred, and it is a great workout. I doubted I could get a real intense workout in just 20 minutes, but let me tell you, it kicks my butt. I must confess, I have called Jillian a few names as I sweat my way through this workout. Good thing it's only a DVD, I might get kicked out of a real class....lol.
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    basically most of Jillian Michaels videos are really good I've dried 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and Killer Buns and Thighs and they're all really good.
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred! It's fantastic! You see great results, your fitness levels improve drastically over 30 days and you will notice a real difference in your body. I'm on round 2 now, starting Level 3 tomorrow, and I'm doing Ripped in 30 next. Seriously - soo worth it, you won't regret it. It's 27 mins in total incl. warm up and cool down and fits into a hectic day. It's just short enough for you never to be able to come up for an excuse not to do it, and just tough enough for you to feel like you've worked your a*s off, even if it's only 27 mins. Do it! You won't regret it :wink:

2955970.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • misti17
    misti17 Posts: 106
    Options
    30 Day Shred for sure! I love it! I'm on Day 6, and I swear I am starting to barely see the image of my abs again! I still have a layer of fat over it, but they are there! LOL. I've also already noticed that my arms look better. Now warning. Day 2, 3, and 4 I hurt all over but by day 5 the soreness was gone. I am also a little over 5' 3' and have a small waist of 27 inches, but a bootie that needs to be smaller!
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    30 ds, or ripped in 30. Both are her 3-2-1 circuit training. I found ripped in 30 to be slightly tougher. Also. You must get killer buns and thighs. It's a great workout. I have most of her DVDs and those are the ones I stuck with and did the most
  • megcalvert
    megcalvert Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! I just purchased 30 Day Shred/Banish Fat Boost Metabolism/No More Trouble Zones!! I think I am going to get the killer buns and thighs after I work on these first! I can't wait to start them!!!!!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    ooh u will love all those. Hope u love them as much as me.x