Please Please Help.......!!

Options
Hi, first of all thank you for reading this I apricated very bodies time and effort to reply to the post.

I had been doing well loosing 2lbs a week, but in the last 3 weeks I am not loosing anything at all. I am allowed to eat 1200 calories and previously in the past I was not eating my exercise calories. This week I have decided to eat some of my exercise calories. For a bit more info I have been doing 30DS about 4/5 times a week for about 3 weeks!

I am so confused, I am trying so hard and eating undery calories but nothing is changing, it really is a massive discouragement, my MFP have been great in supporting/encouraging me but if you don't see the changes yourself it's hard to listen to others advice.

Has anyone else experienced this before, how did you start to loose weight again?? and what do you think made you stop loosing weight in the first place!

Thank you xx :-)

Replies

• HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same 'boat'

The scale hasn't moved either direction for three weeks.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from. I have been there. Don't give up.

Drink lots of water. Change up your work out, and eat more. Your body is getting used to what you are doing.
  • allieshaw
    allieshaw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, first of all thank you for reading this I apricated very bodies time and effort to reply to the post.

I had been doing well loosing 2lbs a week, but in the last 3 weeks I am not loosing anything at all. I am allowed to eat 1200 calories and previously in the past I was not eating my exercise calories. This week I have decided to eat some of my exercise calories. For a bit more info I have been doing 30DS about 4/5 times a week for about 3 weeks!

I am so confused, I am trying so hard and eating undery calories but nothing is changing, it really is a massive discouragement, my MFP have been great in supporting/encouraging me but if you don't see the changes yourself it's hard to listen to others advice.

Has anyone else experienced this before, how did you start to loose weight again?? and what do you think made you stop loosing weight in the first place!

Thank you xx :-)

I am having the same problem!!!! Open up your diary and I will take a look! :)
  • qkiley
    qkiley Posts: 65
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you hit a plateau. It happens from time to time. I have hit a few.

Personally 2 things worked for me.

1.) I changed my exercise routine (picked up running)
    2.) I ate MORE. I found out that my body wasn't getting the fuel it needed so it was trying to hold on to everything.

I would try adding calories to your day, and see what happens.
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Everyone already has some pretty great suggestions. I'm in the same rut right now. I'm going to reverse my eating -- have dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner and see if that doesn't help. I hear it's pretty effective.

And I've added another 16 oz. of water to my diet!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Honey, it happens to us all. Most of us have hit a plateau a few times - I have hit atleast twice and more like 3 or 4 times. Just keep doing what you are doing, and you will overcome it. You could also try changing things up - difference exercise, increase your calories, eat back you exercise calories, etc. Your bodies get used to the same thing day after day; it needs a shock to jump start things again. You could also try zig zagging your calories to see if that helps. Just a few suggestions of things I have done. I hope you start losing again. You could also try instead of losing 2 lbs/week drop it to 1 lb/week - give you body some time to adjust to the change though. Most people get a small gain for a few weeks - don't freak out. Your body is just adjusting then you will drop again. Good luck. Hope this helps.
  • KatBuz7
    KatBuz7 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Are you exercises?? If so change it up some, when I get stuck I do more interval changes on my treadmill (speeds and inclines) to keep my body guessing... Also drink TONS more water!!! I got stuck a couple weeks ago and upped my water intake to 12-14 8oz glasses, and flushed it out and have started losing again :o) good luck!!!
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you hit a plateau. It happens from time to time. I have hit a few.

Personally 2 things worked for me.

1.) I changed my exercise routine (picked up running)
    2.) I ate MORE. I found out that my body wasn't getting the fuel it needed so it was trying to hold on to everything.

I would try adding calories to your day, and see what happens.

Agreed. I hit a three week plateau and as soon as I raised my calories from 1200 to 1400, I started losing again.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements? Are your clothes fitting differently?

Don't rely solely on the scale. It's a good tool but it's not a perfect tool. A better one is, as i said, how your clothes are fitting. Also - by this time you've got to be getting more fit when it comes to working out. Pay attention - can you do more pushups, jumping jacks, lunges, squats? Is your form better? I'm willing to bet the answer is yes. That's a positie change, too!
  • Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    PLATEAU! Change up your routine! Stick within your calories but change up the foods you eat! Don't let the body adjust and feel comfortable!
  • tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Something tells me 1200 calories is way too low for you, but I could be wrong. Open up your food diary so we can help!!
  • SekhHydra
    SekhHydra Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ive kinda been on the same boat, i kept this up and now again didnt eat all my exercize cals...n was doing good n losing weight, then things wud happen in life where cudnt do ne exercize or 1 of ym children wud b ill n then i would so wudnt do out... and well late august i went to visit family n friends so no exercize n prety much been eatin loads since then thinkin ive done well, and duno y but 4t it wud stay off and now i weighd myself as been over comfort eatin and put on a sdtone n bit in 3-4weeks..not happy... i find it very very hard to find any motiovation, specially when u see no change in ur weight on scales or in physical side (atm more important to me is physical coz gaind so many ionches) ......al i can advice is just keep at it, now ur eatin ur body burnt off cals maybe ur body jus in shock?? i duno...wish i knew....hope things get better 4 u n u find to keep going, good luck hun xx
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from. I have been there. Don't give up.

Drink lots of water. Change up your work out, and eat more. Your body is getting used to what you are doing.

I never would have thought it...but it's this ^

I stayed the same for three weeks, nearly more. I was tearing my hair out at the end. I followed the above advice and logged over 2lb loss this week. I ate more than my 1200, I've shaken my exercise routine up and I'm drinking enough water to sink a ship, (it feels like that, it's probably about what I should have been drinking though) which I wasn't before.

Try it and see.
  • laurenduck05
    laurenduck05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your who have commented! I am going to eat more like people have suggested. If it's worked for your guys it must work! Also isn't it funny how our bodies get used to what we give it! And it gets all stubborn and doesn't want to loose any more fat!!
  • laurenduck05
    Options
    How do I open up my diary? I've just tried but can't find where I do it! Want all the help I can get!
  • laurenduck05
    Options
    Something tells me 1200 calories is way too low for you, but I could be wrong. Open up your food diary so we can help!!

How do I open up my diary? I've just tried but can't find where I do it! Want all the help I can get!
  • WhitneyJerome
    WhitneyJerome Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    go to home, then to the settings tab then diary settings set to public then save
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I would recommend measuring yourself. I have 30DS at home as well. Sometimes you will drop inches but not a pound in weight because you are exchanging fat for new muscle. I never eat my workout calories unless it is RIDICULOUS extra, then I might eat half back once in a week. Ask lilpnmeskinnyfeet also..she has YET to hit a plateau after 5 months..envy, party of one..oh sorry, lol.
  • WhitneyJerome
    WhitneyJerome Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would recommend measuring yourself. I have 30DS at home as well. Sometimes you will drop inches but not a pound in weight because you are exchanging fat for new muscle. I never eat my workout calories unless it is RIDICULOUS extra, then I might eat half back once in a week. Ask lilpnmeskinnyfeet also..she has YET to hit a plateau after 5 months..envy, party of one..oh sorry, lol.

I agree I have read so many different opinions about whether to eat them back and I personally don't think its necessary unless your burning of insane amounts of calories.
  • laurenduck05
    Options
    To those who asked! I have opened my diary! Thanks guys!