Hi!

Hi Everyone :)

I just joined yesterday. Today was the first day I stuck to my goals. It felt amazing. I did stress out a little over the details. Anyone have some good advice on how to succeed with my weight loss plan? It is so hard to go out to eat with friends and family and exercise self control and choose the healthier option. That is my biggest struggle. I'm really hoping to gain support through this site that will help keep me positive about my new healthier lifestyle choices!

Replies

• Hi Everyone :)

I just joined yesterday. Today was the first day I stuck to my goals. It felt amazing. I did stress out a little over the details. Anyone have some good advice on how to succeed with my weight loss plan? It is so hard to go out to eat with friends and family and exercise self control and choose the healthier option. That is my biggest struggle. I'm really hoping to gain support through this site that will help keep me positive about my new healthier lifestyle choices!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    welcome!
  • hello :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    It is hard at first, but if you end up having a bad diet that day, when you log it online, you're like "Oh no!", and you can which of the foods you're eating are causing problems. It's more motivating to me to actually try to keep each of my nutrients at or a little below the recommendation (carb, sugar, etc.) It's also a great feeling when you start to maintain a healthier diet and you look and feel better and start losing weight. Try to stick it out for the first few and it gets easier and easier. I just joined this site a week and a half ago and I'm already glad that I did. I've felt so much healthier since I joined and I feel better knowing that my diet isn't that bad anymore. Good luck on your journey, and don't give up! :flowerforyou:
  • Thank you all for the encouragement! I am already in love with this site!
  • JenR0307
    JenR0307 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello :drinker: