Need serious motivation!!

Options
I'm starting to lose my motivation....someone help me before I gain all of my weight back!! I need words of encouragement this morning!! Thanks all!!

Replies

• deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Think about that sexy black dress that is waiting for you.
  • jule_sea
    Options
    Write a pros and cons list to being at your ideal weight and being healthy.
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    If you give up now, you're just gonna hafta start over again. Is that what you want?
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! Overcoming the desire to quit is a really powerful motivator for the next time. Put your sneakers on and go for a walk, move or just dance with a friend. This is a marathon and not a sprint. And YOU CAN DO IT!!!! (Now go to it! :smile: )
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    How about just doing it even if you don't want to. You never regret doing something that is going to change your life (although, you get scared of it and avoid it). But you almost instantly regret making a decision to not do something that will make you healthier/stronger/lose more weight. So just do it. You're either going to regret it now AND later if you don't. Make your body happy and make you happy.
  • fen813
    fen813 Posts: 5
    Options
    Take care of yourself. Exercise for yourself. Not for anyone. Because you and your body need and deserve it.
  • Kirk_D
    Kirk_D Posts: 85
    Options
    You can do it!! Go! Go! Go!
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile:

You can do this!!

Just think about why you are doing this, what your goals are and that there are no other way to get to them other than eating healthy and exercising.
    read through the success stories, they help me a lot when i'm feeling like that

Hope this helps u

:flowerforyou:
  • meganklamb
    Options
    Watch an episode of "I Used to be Fat" on MTV.com that features trainer Joey. He'll totally amp you up to keep going.
  • DdoubleU77
    Options
    I look at it this way.....

When I am stripped of everything else, all I have left is my word. I have made promises to others that I will change my bad habits for the better. Having said that, I do not ever want to see these same people a year from now in the exact same state that I am in.

MY WORD IS EVERYTHING! Don't let yourself down. If you don't do it...no one will!
  • knjantz
    knjantz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I lost motivation- then i had a friend take a full body shot of me from front, side, back, and didn't let her edit it or airbrush it or anything......and my motivation was found....it is my profile picture on here and on my fridge and in my pantry....all i have to do is look. it works.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I really like this.....I would be very sad if I saw those same people a year from now, and I looked exactly the same. Thank you for these words.
    I look at it this way.....

When I am stripped of everything else, all I have left is my word. I have made promises to others that I will change my bad habits for the better. Having said that, I do not ever want to see these same people a year from now in the exact same state that I am in.

MY WORD IS EVERYTHING! Don't let yourself down. If you don't do it...no one will!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words......I will read this thread all day and get motivated again!! :)
  • Carrie_D
    Carrie_D Posts: 120
    Options
    I was this way over the weekend. I was in a really bad mindset...I ended up taking a few days off and regrouping. Since Monday, things have been much better. I just had to think about the pros and cons, and evaluate if I really wanted to continue to feel like I do now for the rest of my life. I decided that wasn't what I wanted! Make a list of the pros and cons of continuing to eat healthy and exervise vs. not. Also review your goals/motivations! Most important, just do what is going to make you the happiest, healthiest person that you can be.
  • biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump
  • uilanii
    uilanii Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can't give up...........your the reason i started on this website. If you quit now then your quiting on me too! YOu can do it, i'm doing it for myself and because your my friend and you convinced me that i could do it too!