HG Mini Microwave Triple Chocolate Cake

Options
jljohnson
jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
I had promised to post this awhile back, and am just getting around to it now. I personally don't let it cool the whole 5 minutes directed. If it gets too cool, it gets hard :tongue: If you eat it warm, it's pretty tasty!

2 Tbsp Pillsbury Moist Supreme Reduced Sugar Cake Mix, Devil's Food
2 Tbsp Cool Whip Free
1 Tbsp fat-free vanilla yogurt
1 Tbsp Hershey's Lite chocolate syrup, divided

Stir together the whipped topping and half of the syrup, and then place mixture in the freezer to firm up while you prep the rest of your dessert. Next, in a very small microwave-safe dish (like a ramekin), combine cake mix and yogurt. (Don't worry if it semms like a small amount. Your cake will puff up -- we promise!) Stir until smooth and blended. Microwave for 1 minute, and then allow to cool for 5 minutes. Once cake has cooled, remove chocolate topping from freezer, and spoon it over your cake. Finally, drizzle the remaining chocolate syrup on top. Enjoy!

per serving (entire recipe): 123 calories, 1g fat, 201mg sodium, 28g carbs, 0.75g fiber, 12g sugar, 2g protein

Replies

• jljohnson
    Options
    I had promised to post this awhile back, and am just getting around to it now. I personally don't let it cool the whole 5 minutes directed. If it gets too cool, it gets hard :tongue: If you eat it warm, it's pretty tasty!

2 Tbsp Pillsbury Moist Supreme Reduced Sugar Cake Mix, Devil's Food
    2 Tbsp Cool Whip Free
    1 Tbsp fat-free vanilla yogurt
    1 Tbsp Hershey's Lite chocolate syrup, divided

Stir together the whipped topping and half of the syrup, and then place mixture in the freezer to firm up while you prep the rest of your dessert. Next, in a very small microwave-safe dish (like a ramekin), combine cake mix and yogurt. (Don't worry if it semms like a small amount. Your cake will puff up -- we promise!) Stir until smooth and blended. Microwave for 1 minute, and then allow to cool for 5 minutes. Once cake has cooled, remove chocolate topping from freezer, and spoon it over your cake. Finally, drizzle the remaining chocolate syrup on top. Enjoy!

per serving (entire recipe): 123 calories, 1g fat, 201mg sodium, 28g carbs, 0.75g fiber, 12g sugar, 2g protein
  • mhmanney
    mhmanney Posts: 2
    Options
    sounds yummy! can't wait to try it!
    Thanks for posting...did you make this recipe up yourself?

oops.... :embarassed: forgot I was logging in my husbands food...this is his account...LOL:laugh:
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at this recipe somewhere else.
    I am so excited to try this recipe.
    My girls and hubbz will be out of town in 2 weeks for a few days so I will try this when I'm home alone.

:flowerforyou:
  • jljohnson
    Options
    Thanks for posting...did you make this recipe up yourself?

It's a Hungry Girl recipe, and I actually found it on Amazon.com when I was looking at one of the HG books... can't remember which one though.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    This sounds too sinful to be so cheap on calories.

I'll give it a whirl the next time Im having a chocolate attack
    Thanks for sharing!!
  • jljohnson
    Options
    Bumping for those that missed this over the weekend.
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    I'm still thinking about this :bigsmile:
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    Well, I'm eating this right now.
    While I was making the cakes (yes, I had enough cals for 2 plus some Perry's Low Sugar Butter Pecan Icecream), it reminded me of when my girls use their Girl Gourmet to make their little cupcakes that cook in the microwave for 5 minutes.
    The cakes came out really good. I don't have ramikins so I used a mug.
    It's brownie-like. I'm not a fan of the Hershey syrup though so maybe next time I'll skip that or maybe use another brand od chocolate syrup.
    I give a 2 thumbs up:bigsmile: